eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Gifts

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

i-am-hungry
Community Member

USPS site down?

I tried until midnight to schedule a carrier pickup and the page won;t load. Tried the site again this morning and still can't find server at usps.com (DNS failure). Can't even ping the IP address directly. Requests to the USPS shipping API are also failing. Apparently all USPS web services are down

ANyone else having a problem?

Dollar Got The Blues
Please use plain text.
stay*tuned*for*new*id
Community Member

Re: USPS site down?

in reply to i-am-hungry

I have the site bookmarked. I can bring up the main page, but clicking on anything either doesn't work or I get the "server not found". 

Please use plain text.
thrifty*dog
Community Member

in reply to i-am-hungry

I cannot get the site, either.

I received a couple notices of things at the PO for me while I was in MI.  Cannot get the re-delivery option at the site so I guess I have to go to the PO.  That really sucks.

Why would a seller send me something that requires a signature when the items were less than $100?  This really peeves me off.  I received at least a dozen packages while I was away and have no idea what the items are (at the PO).  Now I have to open each package this morning and match up what has been received and what has not.  Looks like I missed the re-delivery date by a couple weeks, so I'm sure the items are on their way back to the seller.  I. Am. Mad. Why wouldn't the seller email me, at least, to see why the items weren't delivered/picked up?  I guess I will have to pay shipping, again, to get the items back to me?

Glad to be back home, though.  :-p

"Life's hard. It's even harder if you're stupid" ~ John Wayne
Please use plain text.
thrifty*dog
Community Member

in reply to i-am-hungry

USPS site is back up.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to i-am-hungry

I still can't get it.  Also, ebay says that a "notice was left" for a package for me yesterday - but I got no notice and the package only was worth $20.

Heather
Please use plain text.
denise15601
Community Member

in reply to i-am-hungry

Tried to schedule a pick up last night and couldn't either.

Please use plain text.
stay*tuned*for*new*id
Community Member

in reply to i-am-hungry

Now, I can't even get into the site at all, getting a "timed out" box.  I hope they get it fixed asap.

Please use plain text.
adf07bid
Community Member

in reply to i-am-hungry

last night the tracking system was down, but the site was up.

now this morning the site is down entirely, still wont load.

Please use plain text.
kritterkats
Community Member

in reply to i-am-hungry

Site back up.  I ordered some supplies with no problem.

photo bats.gif
Please use plain text.
beesz
Community Member

in reply to i-am-hungry

I cannot get the site, either.

I received a couple notices of things at the PO for me while I was in MI.  Cannot get the re-delivery option at the site so I guess I have to go to the PO.  That really sucks.

Why would a seller send me something that requires a signature when the items were less than $100?  This really peeves me off.  I received at least a dozen packages while I was away and have no idea what the items are (at the PO).  Now I have to open each package this morning and match up what has been received and what has not.  Looks like I missed the re-delivery date by a couple weeks, so I'm sure the items are on their way back to the seller.  I. Am. Mad. Why wouldn't the seller email me, at least, to see why the items weren't delivered/picked up?  I guess I will have to pay shipping, again, to get the items back to me?

Glad to be back home, though.  :-p

I have used signature conf. on at least a few or more items that were less than $100 - only on items that are scarce or would be hard to replace.  I usually email the buyer after I've shipped to let them know that a signature will be required.

As to why wouldn't the seller email you, at least, to see why the items weren't delivered/picked up:  I've learned that this is asking for a buyer to claim non-receipt because the postal carriers often make mistakes with scanning/delivery.  My carrier, more times than not, will incorrectly scan a pkg with "Notice Left" when it was actually delivered to us.  I've even had pkgs with sign. conf. delivered without him getting us to sign. 

As a seller, a problem that I encounter at least once every several months is with a carrier not leaving a notice (or not securing it from blowing away) and the buyer having no idea that their pkg is waiting for them at their p.o. 

Women are angels. And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible like that.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to i-am-hungry

site still not working for me either. i tried internet explorer, safari, google chrome, ipad, iphone, ps3, nothing works! hope they get is back running soon!

Please use plain text.
thrifty*dog
Community Member

in reply to i-am-hungry

It's working for me.  I'm using chrome.

Please use plain text.
kritterkats
Community Member

in reply to i-am-hungry

I was using Internet Explorer when I got on a few hours ago.

photo bats.gif
Please use plain text.
stay*tuned*for*new*id
Community Member

in reply to i-am-hungry

I'm on Firefox. At first, I got the "server not found", clicked "try again" and the website's back up and everything's "clickable" again.

Please use plain text.