eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

donnasresaleattic
Community Member

RALPH "Ralph Lauren" RRL Red Women's Hooded Sweater, real or fake?

Have this women's hooded sweater with a RALPH Ralph Lauren label.  Label is black with a green background highligh and the printing is red.  I cannot find this label on any other product and would like the experienced posters opinion on it's authenticity or help with the label signifcance.

20130824_152847.jpg
Please use plain text.
donnasresaleattic
Community Member

Re: RALPH "Ralph Lauren" RRL Red Women's Hooded Sweater, real or fake?

in reply to donnasresaleattic

Here is the full view, sorry I do not know how to post multiple pics on one post.

20130824_152839.jpg
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I sell alot of ralph lauren but i have never seen that one before. im curious to find out. I looked everywhere but also couldnt find it.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Please use plain text.
alliebean
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to ronandazra

That was a junior's line long discontinued as far as I know. If not technically juniors at least targeted at a young market.

Old Seller Here!
Please use plain text.
peanut412
Community Member

Yes that is a Ralph Lauren label. It is from the cheaper line of Ralph Lauren

Please use plain text.
donnasresaleattic
Community Member

in reply to peanut412

Thanks for all the relies above!

Please use plain text.
sherlocksgallery
Community Member

Have a look at this internet clothing blog comment which might explain a little...

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?95807-What-is-the-quality-of-RALPH-Ralph-Lau...

"... RALPH Ralph Lauren is a line made exclusively for Dillard's. Ralph Lauren and his company have no involvement in the production process. It's a licensed product consisting of suits, sportcoats, dress trousers and outerwear. It's essentially one of Dillard's private labels like Roundtree & Yourke, Murano, or Danial Cremieux. Dillard's uses different factories to produce the various products with most of the items now made overseas. Quality is decent for a department store brand. I've noticed that the fabrics tend to be better then on other suits at similar price points. I have a nice 3/4 overcoat that's lasted 4+ years. I'd start considering to buy some of the pieces at 50% off.

It's not to be confused with LAUREN Ralph Lauren, another licensed product with Ralph Lauren's name on it. RALPH has some redeeming qualities while LAUREN is pure carp..."

Please use plain text.
craftlady49
Community Member

in reply to sherlocksgallery

Hi  I have a dress with that label.  When I couldn't find it anywhere I called the corporate office at Ralph Lauren.  The person with whom I spoke thought it was a junior like line and a sportier lne that has been discontinued for a while.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Do Not put RRL in your listing title. That is what people use for the Double RL line, that is expensive and collectible. I just don't want you to stir up a hornets nest with the Lauren followers.

Please use plain text.
homecomforts
Community Member

I also saw it sold at Lord & Taylors in the early 2000s (2003ish) for a couple of years. 

***********************************************************************************************************************************************
eBay is not one size fits all. There is no shame in selling low end items nor glory in high end designers. Money is one color: green
************************************************************************************************************************************************
Please use plain text.
shirley-goodness-and-mercy
Community Member

Sorry Sherlock, but that is the wrong info.

The Ralph label you are talking about is a solid blue label with Ralph on it. What the OP posted is the now defunct plaid Ralph label.

Here is the info on the plaid Ralph label.

RALPH by Ralph Lauren: A now discontinued line for younger women, created in 1999. Described in the history section of the company's web site as: "RALPH is the daughter of the Lauren woman—reasonably priced Ralph Lauren clothes for young women who want to be part of the lifestyle."

"In the sixties, we took acid to make the world weirder. Now the world is weirder than we can handle, and we take Prozac to make it normal." Denise Swanson
Please use plain text.
alliebean
Community Member

in reply to ronandazra

ronandazra wrote:

I sell alot of ralph lauren

On another ID?

Old Seller Here!
Please use plain text.
toomanythings2004
Community Member

in reply to shirley-goodness-and-mercy

That is correct.  When I worked in the corporate world I bought everything RL at Dilliards.  They had a separate section diagonally across from the women's section.  It was all of this RL geared towards younger woman.  The prices were lower.  I used to own several pieces as I bought it for my casual wear.  I probably still have some!

Please use plain text.