eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
mykidzmom1
Community Member

Another Hermes Scarf Authentication Please...

CAlling Hermes experts!  Is this scarf real?  I see very similar patterns, but not this exact one.  The edges are rolled and hand stitched, scarf is one-sided.

What's the verdict?

5200079735_Ebay 3 11 13 003.JPG
5200079736_Ebay 3 11 13 004.JPG
Please use plain text.
mykidzmom1
Community Member

Re: Another Hermes Scarf Authentication Please...

in reply to mykidzmom1

More photos...

5200079740_Ebay 3 11 13 005.JPG
5200079741_Ebay 3 11 13 007.JPG
Please use plain text.
mykidzmom1
Community Member

in reply to mykidzmom1

And the rest...

5200079742_Ebay 3 11 13 008.JPG
5200079743_Ebay 3 11 13 009.JPG
Please use plain text.
dinah*doll
Community Member

in reply to mykidzmom1

http://piwigo.hermesscarf.com/picture?/2200/category/198-1982

The Artist Formerly Known As betty*blackbent

Please use plain text.
mykidzmom1
Community Member

in reply to mykidzmom1

WOW!  I'll bookmark that site. 

A question - when these are faked, do they exactly match the real ones?  I've never seen a real Hermes scarf before, so have no frame of reference for feel.  The one I have is on that site, and seems exactly the same.

Thanks!

Laurie

Please use plain text.
nestegg46
Community Member

in reply to mykidzmom1

HI Laurie,

Flowers of the mountain, good find. It is a very nice vintage scarf. There are different levels of fakery. Some like the balloon scarf that was posted this morning is a blatant fake. There is no Hermes similar and it is obviously a cheap knock off. Some are super fakes. I think they use some kind of photography to get an accurate depiction of an authentic Hermes design. Most Hermes scarves have the artist's signature somewhere in the design and also the name of the design. Usually, the fake designs leave out the name of the design and the artist but on the super fakes the scarf is exactly the same except for the weight and feel of the scarf. IRL I have only seen one super fake. It was in my early years of ebaying and I even left the seller positive FB. My friend contacted me and told me the scarf was a fake because she had bought one too but caught it. I called the seller and she said that she bought the scarves at Las Vegas Hermes. Then I called LasVegas Hermes. 

Anyway, I would recommend getting a good feel for the authentic Hermes you have. Pay attention to its weight and soft luxurious feel. Personally, I think once you handle a real one, you will be able to distinguish fakes unless you run into a super fake which is really quite rare. 

Please use plain text.
deltas*delights
Community Member

in reply to mykidzmom1

That is beautiful!

***I'm getting there, 28 pounds lost!***
Please use plain text.
chapeau-noir
Community Member

in reply to mykidzmom1

Anyway, I would recommend getting a good feel for the authentic Hermes you have. Pay attention to its weight and soft luxurious feel. Personally, I think once you handle a real one, you will be able to distinguish fakes unless you run into a super fake which is really quite rare.

When I finally got my hands on the real thing, I can attest that in a lifetime of handling textiles, I had never felt anything quite like Hermes silk. Also, I had never seen quite those rolled hems anywhere else - just the thickness and direction of them seems very unique.

Please use plain text.