eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member
Accepted Solution
how do I make a partial refund on an item sold receive credit to fees. Item was damaged-we agreed to reimburse 1/2 purchase price

How do I make a partial refund on item sold. Item was damaged but usable.  Buyer agreed to keep item and be reimbursed 1/2 of purchase price. I want to be sure to receive credit on my ebay final value fees.  What is the best way to do this?

Accepted Solutions: 2
clever_never
Community Member
Answered
in reply to crabbingbayman

ebay won't refund any fees.

to make the refund, log into your paypal account, find the transaction, click 'details' and then 'issue refund'

Community Member
Answered

You do NOT get  a refund on your fees when you initiate a partial refund.  You will get a small amount back from paypal, but you will not get anything back from ebay.  The only time you can get your fees returned is when you complete a FULL refund and a cancellation request.

Log into your paypal account, find the buyers name, click on the drop-down menu and you will see where you can refund.............

Other Answers: 2
ol-nobull
Community Member
Answered

Hi.  Once a buyer has paid the ONLY way for you to get any credit of ebay fees is if you refund in full AND you then send buyer a cancel transaction request AND they must click the link in that ebay cancellation notification AND agree to the cancellation.

Before you do this the buyer must return the item to you & then you refund in full & then send them the mutually agreed to cancel request.   As the buyer has the opportunity to click to disagree to the cancellation request you need to be very sure they will agree to it prior to sending the request.

Ebay does not base fees on partial refunds.   ALL ebay fees are only based on the invoiced amount that the buyer originally pays from.

Good luck, Jim

inceptions
Community Member
Answered

I want to be sure to receive credit on my ebay final value fees.  What is the best way to do this?

There's only one way. Refund your buyer in full.