eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Your shipping address does not match with postal service records
when i change my address to new address Refuses to change and shows me (Your shipping address does not match with postal service records. Please correct your address) Note that my new address is the new mailbox in the company Aramex plz tell me what can i do
Other Answers: 8
g_unit23
Community Member
Answered
in reply to muhamedhegazy

WTF EBAY!!!! YOU A HOLES, STOP CHANGING SH8T SO EVERYTHING RUNS SMOOTH. POSTAL SERVICE RECORDS WILL NEVER MATCH A RUAL AREA ADDRESS!!!! WHY? BECAUSE THE POSTAL SERVICE DOESNT DELIVER TO RUAL AREAS! THATS WHY THEY HAVE POST OFFICES YOU IDIOTS! SO DONT LINK OUR ADDRESSES TO THE POSTAL SERVICE RECORDS!

Community Member
Answered

I have had the same problems ever one else had. My solution was:

1. go to maps.google.com

2. type in your street, town/city, state, zip

3. find your house/residence and right click on it

4. click on "What's here?"

5. An address will appear to the left side of the screen.

There is a house number issued by the state on the front of my house that clearly says "43221", but the "records" show that my house number is really 43400. Very interesting to me, but my packages did arrive.

Community Member
Answered

Just spoke with eBay support on the phone and they have no clue.  I have used the same address on eBay for over a decade, but I can't add a phone number (also used for over a decade) to a shipping address because eBay's back-end code insists the address match a US Postal service address lookup... which will always fail since UP Postal doesn't deliver in our area.

The answer is simple: perform a UPS and/or Fedex address lookup before saying the address is invalid.

At least they "escalated the issue".

Community Member
Answered

Try this, it should help everyone to write adress correctly. http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/welcome.jsp

Community Member
Answered

This just happened to me as well. I live in a complex that has a street address as well as apt. addresses inside. I tried both of these and have had no luck.  I'm really upset about it because I have money sitting in my paypal account waiting to be used and I found an item I wanted to purchase. But it's a no-go.

I hope ebay fixes this problem or I will no longer be able to purchase items. :-(

asfatehasit
Community Member
Answered

All the above mentioned fixes would not work for MY situation.  What I did to fix mine was:

Add yet another address into your eBay AND your Paypal accounts excluding any reference to a PO BOX.

Make sure the one in eBay is set to Primary.

Make sure one in Paypal is set to "home" and is "confirmed".

When you go to check out next time, make sure that new address that is primary in both, is selected...

FINALLY, you'll get rid of the red error box "address format is invalid" and things will stay normal, and a pretty blue & white asking you to confirm the next step in the check-out process...

Hope this helps other people that didn't get help from above!!

jgrobask
Community Member
Answered
Community Member
Answered

Same problems and this is insane. We have ALWAYS used our street address (for UPS/Fedex deliveries) and we have no other choice because we don't have US Postal street delivery in our area.  Now eBay won't let us use our PERFECTLY VALID street address anymore... because the US Postal service doesn't deliver to us?

WTF?  Do you realize that this will permanently end my buying on eBay?