eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
gocatrecords
Community Member
Standard International Shipping

I've sold a few things on Ebay so far and two have been purchased by international bidders.  That is even though it is specifically stated in my listings that I only ship to the U.S.  The first time I resolved it by sending the item to a family member's address in the U.S., but now I can't.  Now to the question.  What is Standard International Shipping?  Who provides it?  USPS?  UPS?  FedEx?  Then, should I use the Standard International Shipping or another service?  Basically what would be the cheapest and safest way to ship the item?  Thanks for the help.

Other Answers: 4
auctionmoney
Community Member
Answered
in reply to gocatrecords

As so often happens you seem to have gotten "expert" answers to questions you never asked.  To save you time and afford you the most options and clarity, let me suggest you Goggle "standard international shipping" including the quotation marks.

I hope this helps.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to gocatrecords

All good input, but noone answer THE QUESTION. Waste of time. I need this question answered as well. It is quite simple, what company is associated with ebay's "standard internationl shipping". Thanks, oh by the way, already googled everything to no avail, if it were as simple as google I would not be here.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to gocatrecords

I've gone to selling in the US only because shipping can be so high to get delivery confirmation which is really needed to avoid problems.  As mentioned here repeatedly, just stating in your auction description that you sell only to the US doesn't prevent international bids.  Either set that preference in each auction in the area for where you sell or set it as a constant requirement in your selling preferences. 

USPS is best, and Priority International is probably the best service.  Let people who sell international a lot give suggestions that may be better. 

Community Member
Answered
in reply to gocatrecords

Since you are relatively new to selling, you might want to spend some time reading through ebay’s policies for buyers and sellers.  And I would definitely recommend spending time every day reading through questions/answers in the answer center and on the discussion boards.  The guides are a useful resource as well You will be better able to understand how the policies affect both buyers and sellers. 

In the meantime, in order to avoid the international shipping issue in the future, you can setup a preference to block buyers who have a shipping address in a country you don’t ship to, by selecting all of the countries to which you do not want to ship, and then they will not be able to bid on your listings in the first place.  Follow the link:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html

You are also able to set blocking preferences for other reasons as well by category of buyers, (i.e., buyers with more than 2 unpaid item strikes, within a 12 month period), or block individual buyers who have left you negative feedback, or cancelled too many purchases, etc., and other reasons which will become more clear to you as you read these pages.

I hope that this helps,