eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
sgoh-sg
Community Member
Skrill - Transaction not allowed

Hi, i am new to ebay.  I did a transaction and entered my credit card details. However, when it was going through skrill, i saw a "transaction not allowed" message.  I am confused and would appreciate if anyone can help resolve this?  Seems silly that the payment system doesnt quite work in ebay.  Never had a problem with other online transaction.  Thanks

Other Answers: 5
puppybrowns
Community Member
Answered
in reply to sgoh-sg

Unless the seller specifically supports you method of payment, you won't be able to pay.  Check the listing to see what payment methods are accepted.

fab_finds4u
Community Member
Answered
in reply to sgoh-sg

did you sign up to skrill first?

I believe you have to have to have a skrill account before you can pay with skrill.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to sgoh-sg

And you'll find that most transactions on this eBay site (USA) require paypal.

Upper right corner on this page, click 'customer support'. Type your question into the input box, and click the 'search' button.

This will answer 99% of all questions posted on this board.
entreparte
Community Member
Answered
in reply to sgoh-sg

I had this happen to me, the first(and only) time I used Skrill to pay for an item. This was the only payment that the Seller would allow, so before I bid (and won) the item, I researched Skrill to find out what I could about it. When I tried to pay, I got the message you got... so, I tried one of my other credit cards, and the payment went through.

Turns out, it was a "safety" feature used on my first credit card; they block out-of-the-country transactions unless you have contacted them first to okay them!

fab_finds4u
Community Member
Answered
in reply to sgoh-sg