eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Community Member
Seller won't respond

I've just started an acount and am having a good time except for one circumstance.

I had a glitch the other day where I tried bidding $21.00 for an item but got a page not responding. I rebooted and searched how  to solve that, cleared my cache and was good to go. I then saw I had won the item I was trying to bid for, but it put my max bid as $21,000 and I ended up paying almost double what I wanted to. I sent a mail to the seller politely asking them if I could cancel the sale, but they haven't responded yet. 

Should I bite the bullet and pay? Leave negative feedback for not responding? I know it's not their fault for the glitch, but a simple answer would be nice.

Other Answers: 6
sunnysouth1
Community Member
Answered
in reply to lorenthial83

Leave negative feedback for not responding? No, that's a really bad idea. Do you know that sellers look at the feedback buyers leave? Do you know they can cancel your bids and block you from bidding if they don't like the feedback you leave for other sellers?

If the seller isn't responding that might tell you that they are waiting on you to pay. Many sellers are tired of buyers who bid/buy and don't pay. They may be waiting until they can file the Unpaid Item dispute against you so they can get their fees credited.

Sunny

"If the world were ruled by women then there would be no war… just a couple of nations not talking with each other."

sunnysouth1
Community Member
Answered
in reply to lorenthial83

Yes, the seller has the option of sending the buyer a request to cancel, however if the buyer declines the seller won't receive the credit. Some sellers don't want to chance that happening.

If the seller files the Unpaid Item dispute then the buyer will either pay or receive a strike. So...by filing the Unpaid Item dispute the seller will either get the money or get the credit.

Sunny

"If the world were ruled by women then there would be no war… just a couple of nations not talking with each other."

buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered
in reply to lorenthial83

Only one fee is refunded too. Seller will still be out any other fees paid to eBay. plus their time.

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!
Community Member
Answered
in reply to lorenthial83

It was my understanding a seller can cancel a transaction and once the buyer agrees they can get their fees back. Paying for an item I want cancelled doesn't sound like the way to go. I just thought sellers would communicate more with a buyer since that IS one of the ratings. Again, I'm new and still learning, but this all started over a glitch. 

jame234
Community Member
Answered
in reply to lorenthial83

Your request to cancel a bid may fall on deaf ears.  Seller to not have to comply.  Pay for the item or risk an unpaid item strik on your account.  Two makes it difficult to bid since most sellers have two or more blocked.  Good luck

Community Member
Answered
in reply to lorenthial83

Thanks again. Learning more each time I interact with someone.