eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
How do I, as buyer, request invoice?

How do I, as buyer, request invoice? I would like to buy five items from same seller and ask combined shipping for all items. I put all items in shopping cart and I had two options: Continue shopping and Proceed to checkout. When I went to Proceed to checkout I got Checkout: Review order where I had option Continue (to PayPal). There was no option for sending invoice request.

Other Answers: 6
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ak.bayo

First you need to make sure that seller combines shipping.  NEVER assume they do.  Not all sellers do so. Does the listing state they combine shipping?  If not then you need to message them to ask first.  Combined shipping does NOT mean discounted.

Did you click on the shipping details tab?  Many times the seller has their discounts stated there.

Also:  You have two options on a Buy It Now...............Add to Cart and Buy It Now..................Just adding them to your cart does NOT mean you bought the items.  You may need to "commit" to buy the items under the Buy It Now tab...........Once done shopping THEN send a Request Total message to them............It should be available in the drop down menu next to the item(s)...........

I wouldn't do anything until I first checked with the seller about combining the shipping....................

clever_never
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ak.bayo

sorry...the first link above should be

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/require-immediate-payment.html

Community Member
Answered
in reply to ak.bayo

Thank you for reply!

Of course, I contacted seller at first. We agreed that he will send me all five items in one envelope (which is $16.95 for all five items - USPS price), instead each items in box (which is $150.03 for five boxes). So it is more than $130…

Problem is I can’t first buy item and then pay it later any more. I am not sure is it new eBay or what? When I go to Buy it now I get Checkout: Review order where I had option Continue (to PayPal) again and there is no option for requesting invoice.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to ak.bayo

Thank you for reply!

I can’t first buy item and then pay it later any more. That’s why items are not on my Purchase list. I can contact seller, but I can’t send him invoice request.

clever_never
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ak.bayo

Oh...it sounds like the seller has listed his items with 'immediate payment required'.

That's an option the seller chooses when he lists.

He can remove that, but I can see where it could be a hassle to do so.

Ask him if he does in fact have 'immediate payment required' on his listings, and see if he can revise to remove it, or post a new listing with your 5 items and adjusted shipping.

Also there are restrictions on who can buy using immediate payment required

Read here for the details:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/questions/sell_international_requirements.html

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/immediate-payment.html

Also, ebay recommends giving your trading partner two days to respond.

Maybe you should just give him more time to respond.

As I mentioned, it's not necessarily easy to revise listings to remover the IPR option, and it's certainly not easy to gather items together into one special listing for one particular person, then end the original listings....all without payment.

It actually could be quite a labor-intensive request.

Unless your seller is quite experienced, he just won't know how...he may be asking here at the AC right now.

Ask him if he would agree to issue a shipping refund after the fact if you just buy them at the listed price

clever_never
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ak.bayo

If there's no option to request a combined invoice, you can do it the old-fashioned way:

From myeBay / purchase history, click on the 'more actions' drop down menu to the right of  one of the items and select 'contact seller'.

If the items do not appear yet on that page, open up one of the listings an click 'ask seller a question' at the bottom.