eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
amandamoraes2013
Community Member
ERROR CODE 70226

Good evening. I am Brazilian, so sorry for the horrible English.
I'm new on ebay, I registered a few days and already found many problems. I performed all procedures with Paypal, but there is something wrong with Ebay. Everytime I try to make a payment error 70226 appears.

"Error code: 70226:
To Ensure That eBay remains a safe marketplace, we limit the quantity of items That can be bought or sold by a single account at one time. These limits may change over team and are determined by your previous site activity and overall performance.
Currently, your account has Reached the limit for bidding and buying, but you can power increase this limit by providing additional verification. Thank you for your understanding.
Please follow the directions below to continue. "

But there is no tutorial to follow, there is no information beyond that. The big problem is that I DO NOT BOUGHT NOTHING, NOTHING! so how can I have reached my limit? I've tried buying from different vendors, items in different amounts, but nothing works. Please help me, I do not know what else to do.
Even in google searched, but found nothing that helped. Someone knows someone who has been through this?
Please help me!

Other Answers: 1
auntella
Community Member
Answered
in reply to amandamoraes2013

There are people on the AC every day wanting to know the same thing. There is no sure answer without getting in contact with Pay Pal. But one reason, may be because your account is not verified. I found this on Pay Pal help. Follow the steps and see what your spending limit is.

What is the maximum amount I can send with my PayPal account?

If your account is Verified, there’s no limit on the total amount of money you can send from your account. You can send up to $10,000 in a single transaction. (This amount can vary, though, depending on your currency.)

If your account is Unverified, there’s a limit on the total amount of money you can send from your account. To lift your sending limit, get Verified.

Here's how to view your sending limit:

Click View Limits near the top of the page to see your sending limit.