eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Community Member

Pay after delivery

Is there a way to tell if pay after delivery will be available before I purchase something?

Please use plain text.
geeautomotive
Community Member

Re: Pay after delivery

in reply to unit5711

No.  Never agree to payment after delivery.  This a UPS coined idea that allows a seller to setup a package as COD (Cash on Delivery).  CODs are bad.  A buyer may refuse and if not properly arranged can actually cost you more than you'd like. 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to unit5711

No its not!! Pay after delivery is set though Paypal, not UPS.  Paypal pays the seller, and you have 14 days to pay Paypal back for the purchase.

Please use plain text.
geeautomotive
Community Member

in reply to unit5711

You mean Paypal's Bill-me-later.  OK, yes that's an option.  The OP made it seem like a COD type of arrangement.  Don't you just love clear questions.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to unit5711

Pay after delivery and bill me later are two different services. Pay after delivery is PayPal paying the seller then charging your account two weeks later. No credit checks. No further payments. Bill me later gives you a credit line built into your PayPal account that charges no interest if paid for before a certain amount of time.  

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to unit5711

C.O.D. (Collect On Delivery) is not usually a good idea for sellers or buyers.  There is usually a hefty charge by USPS for this service.  By the way, the "C" doesn't stand for CASH but rather COLLECT which isn't the same thing.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Please use plain text.