eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
Community Member

SELLERS OF STRAIGHT TALK CELL PHONES

Straight Talk cell phones are designed to individually work with specific cell carriers' towers. I am getting frustrated looking for one that uses the Verizon network and the lack of knowledge that many of these sellers have about the phones they are selling. They should know this, and some do, if they are selling a product. But most of the phones I look at make no mention of what cell towers the phone is compatible with, thereby reducing my willingness to bid on their item.

Note to buyers: if you're selling a Straight Talk phone, PLEASE find out what cell carrier towers it is operable with.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: SELLERS OF STRAIGHT TALK CELL PHONES

in reply to luv-2-b-mama
"note to sellers" excuse me
Please use plain text.
alleycatscollectibles
Community Member

in reply to luv-2-b-mama
Go to the Verizon website and look at all the phones available there. They do have phones that come without all the extra stuff. That way you have brand names to look for here on Ebay.
Please use plain text.
gporpc
Community Member

in reply to luv-2-b-mama
Go to the Verizon website and look at all the phones available there. They do have phones that come without all the extra stuff. That way you have brand names to look for here on Ebay.

Verizon phones do not work on Straight Talk.
Please use plain text.
gporpc
Community Member

in reply to luv-2-b-mama
I have sold several Straight Talk phones, never had an issue with what towers they use.
Not quite sure what the op means.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to luv-2-b-mama
Straight Talk phone models that end with a C like the LG 290C or LG 220C are CDMA and use Verizon Towers. Models that end with G like LG 620G or T401G are GSM have sim cards and use the AT&T network. This information came from a Straight Talk CSR.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to luv-2-b-mama

I am not a professinal in the subject but from my personal experience to tell the difference between what towers the phone will use I found the map when red is verizon and when blue is att&t.. Hope this helps everyone.

Please use plain text.