eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
eBay Fees....10% on all sales+Listing Fess+Paypal Fess=A Big Dent

I am not a mathematician but to be honest I am a little confused about all the fees I have to pay when I only sell a fee items a month on eBay. This month I received an email that said...Final value fees will be streamlined to just one competitive flat rate of 10%—regardless of how you sell....Well after you add Listing fees if you go over 50 items and Paypal fees to get your money all this equals= I don't want to list to many items because if I have a set rate then I am not going to end up with much money for my item. If I adjust my price to help with all the fees I do not get bids because my items can be found in stores that have large quantities for less money. ....So now I am thinking that maybe selling on Ebay may be a mistake.

Other Answers: 3
Community Member
Answered
in reply to thompson6372

Yes I haven't used ebay in a while and now I see why my friend has stopped selling online and opened up a store. 10% off your item, and since the main way to pay is paypal you then lose almost another 5% in paypal fees. So for my $400 item I just sold I lost $50 to Ebay. How can someone make a profit if your losing 15% Ebay owns Paypal so I don't see why they have to wack you again.

hunyuk14
Community Member
Answered
in reply to thompson6372

You are right. Because of the added fees, sellers have to raise their prices. The "good deals" that were once found on ebay by buyers are getting farther and fewer in between. ebay prices are slowing creeping up the ladder to the big store prices, when all the fees and shipping costs are included in the selling total.

"Aw...Darn it, Woodstock...look what you left on my keyboard again!"
ol-nobull
Community Member
Answered
in reply to thompson6372

Hi.   On the final value fees, in the past they varied from 9% - 11% depending on several variables.   So they averaged it in the middle.   Does not seem to be a huge problem with that.

Then you misunderstand on listing fees.   Ebay does not add fees after the first fifty.   What they do is TAKE AWAY the listing fees on the first 50 per month IF you qualify.  So fees after the first 50 free is NOT an increase at all but just as it has always been. 

Many sellers just cannot get the concept of factoring ALL of their fees into their pricing when they list items.

Now if you factor in shipping & offer free shipping you will be only pay 10% on the shipping if you have been charging your buyers for shipping.

That is my take on the new changes.

Good luck, Jim