eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Gifts

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Wrong PayPal address in sold listing, how best to resolve?

I recently set up a second eBay account linked to my primary PayPal account but with a different email address (as required).

Having sold a couple of items I have discovered that the PayPal address in the listing is set as the second email address instead of the primary one.

Payments have been sent but to the secondary email address, which I hope does not exist as a PayPal account.

What is the best way to try and resolve this, ask the buyer to resend the payment to the correct account? Or is there a way to do it through either eBay or PayPal?

Other Answers: 7
sbm-ventures
Community Member
Answered
in reply to 206leann2

Add the second email address to your existing paypal account and you will recieve your payment. You can have up to 8 emails in Paypal.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to 206leann2

Assuming that the second email address is also yours I'm not sure how it could already exist as a paypal account?

You can add secondary email addresses to your paypal account through profile>update email>add button on the bottom of your email list. Once added confirm the email by selecting it and pressing confirm and following the instructions. I don't know if this will apply to previous purchases but see if they show up.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to 206leann2

Never mind, I got it sorted out.  Once I added the email address to paypal the payments showed up.

Crane, I was well aware that it was something I did, that's why I was asking for advice on how I could fix it.

22shoes
Community Member
Answered
in reply to 206leann2

See if this helps...

*Paypal accounts can have 8 different email addresses attached to them.

*If you use a different email address for Paypal & eBay, you must ADD your eBay email to the Paypal account.

*All email addresses that are attached to a Paypal account can receive payments, not just the Primary one.

*Make sure that all email addresses that have been ADDed to a Paypal account, have also been CONFIRMed so you can receive payments.

*You can make the necessary changes by using the Profile tab in your Paypal account.  Then ADD/Edit email address.

craneclimber1
Community Member
Answered
in reply to 206leann2

"...I have discovered that the PayPal address in the listing is set as the second email address"

you need to realize that it is you, not paypal, that put the wrong email address in your listing.

and you are the only one that can correct your mistake.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to 206leann2

Thank you all. Sorted & help very much appreciated.

maneki-neko-nook
Community Member
Answered
in reply to 206leann2

this  doesn't make sense to me....you only have one paypal account....you can have up to eight email accounts attached to your paypal account...why would you ahve to have them repay???

I haven't had my coffee yet, so forgive my typing....The only question you may regret is the one you never asked!