eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
What is an ePacket delivery from China? Sounds like I would get an email instead of an actual product.

What is an ePacket delivery from China? Sounds like I would get an email instead of an actual product.

Other Answers: 13
Community Member
Answered
in reply to stillruns

I've been wondering how it's possible for Chinese eBay sellers to offer free shipping on items that cost less than it would cost me *just* to ship it.  Now that I know, I'm pretty upset...

The nutshell version:

http://shippingsidekick.com/news.wml?id=450

More details here:

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y11/m08/i31/s02

This is like a subsidy, in that it increases trade in only one direction, but it was instituted by OUR postal service - and eBay.

Hello, China - where's the low-cost shipping solution for US and AU merchants?  Is it any wonder that USPS is losing money hand over fist?  What are USA merchants supposed to do when all their customers start buying online direct from Hong Kong-?!

Community Member
Answered
in reply to stillruns

So when the seller from China says free shipping is it truly free? As in there are no surprise fees?

sheldragon
Community Member
Answered
in reply to stillruns

Sorry -- should have let you know to scroll down to the bottom:

ePacket™

ePacket™ provides online buyers in the U.S. with an affordable shipping option from the overseas origin in certain countries to delivery in the U.S.  ePacket™ is currently available to shippers in China and Hong Kong, with additional countries planned.

Key FeaturesEnd-to-end service meeting the needs of today’s online U.S. buyers.Available for import shipments weighing 4.4 pounds or less from certain countries.End-to-end tracking is available on USPS.com®.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

“Let’s work the problem, people. Let's not make things worse by guessing.” -Gene Kranz, Mission Control Director (played by Ed Harris), Apollo 13
Community Member
Answered
in reply to stillruns

Yeah, well wait until you receive a product that is DOA as mine was.  Sure, they promise free returns after you pay $30 for non-discounted return shipping!!  I lost half the value of the purchase just to return it and will probably need to wait 2 months for final resolution.

Glad we taxpayers can subsidize Chinese knock off merchants so well. 

annadryl
Community Member
Answered
in reply to stillruns

we see this question a lot and i wish china post would change their nomenclature. it's way too east to confuse with current american lingo.

e-mail, e-commerce, e-dating.....

Community Member
Answered
in reply to stillruns

Here is a site for tracking e-Packets from China

http://track-chinapost.com/starteub.php

Community Member
Answered
in reply to stillruns

ebay ePacket also called EUB, ePacket tracking number starts with “LK” and ends with “CN”,i.e:LK123456789CN

Click here to see what it look like on the bill : ePacket delivery from China

Community Member
Answered
in reply to stillruns

It has to be susidized.I have bought many items for a dollar.

putertutor2
Community Member
Answered
in reply to stillruns

How do I return an epacket item without going bankrupt?  Maybe it would be easier to just resell it on ebay.

craneclimber1
Community Member
Answered
in reply to stillruns

that would be chinese for package

sheldragon
Community Member
Answered
in reply to stillruns

This should help:

https://www.usps.com/business/global-shipping-solutions.htm

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

“Let’s work the problem, people. Let's not make things worse by guessing.” -Gene Kranz, Mission Control Director (played by Ed Harris), Apollo 13
Community Member
Answered
in reply to stillruns

It's a service provided by USPS and Hongkong Post.  Read more here:  http://about.usps.com/news/national-releases/2011/pr11_037.htm

Community Member
Answered
in reply to stillruns

Where the hell is a USPS tracking number to track your package here in America in the USPS website. Nothing is showing up in the China post mail tracking results, and I can assure you when it gets into America this tracking number won't have any value in this China Post tracking service, to having you know the day it will arrive at your home. :catmad: