eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
I received a "Bill Me Later" invoice from Ebay telling me I have an outstanding unpaid bill for $349.00. I have not used this option at all

I paid all my orders through Paypal and I even check my Ebay account and it shows my balance as zero. Can someone please tell me if this notification is for real or another scam or phishing message. And please tell me that I owe you nothing.. Thank you!

Other Answers: 6
october_paws
Community Member
Answered
in reply to boogiesurf50

Well, Did you apply for a such if not it is a scam and try to some  mess up some ones' brain. So  don't respond to any of linked emails in your received message. Like previous responders mentioned it's flowering around too many in a such short period.

rockydaytona
Community Member
Answered
in reply to boogiesurf50

do you have a Bill Me Later account?

if not, then your assumption that this is spam, is most likely correct.

be sure not to click on any links in the suspicious email.

angelgirl327
Community Member
Answered
in reply to boogiesurf50

Go to your paypal account and if you have a BML account, there is the info and the link at the top of your paypal home page.  If it's there, you can click on it to go to your BML account.  Bill Me Later is a paypal account and they have the link to use it every time you go into paypal to pay for an item.  Maybe you clicked on it without realizing it?  You can also call BML customer service -

one eight six six, five two eight, three seven three three

*lady*madonna*
Community Member
Answered
in reply to boogiesurf50

There have been many posts in the past few days about this phony email. It is a SCAM. Report it to spoof@ebay.com & spoof@paypal.com.

*Listen to the music playing in your head.*
buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered
in reply to boogiesurf50

It is a phishing scam

Delete it and run scans on your computer to make sure you didn't pick up any nasties

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!
Community Member
Answered
in reply to boogiesurf50

There were several posts the past couple of days regarding this.

Yes it's a scam-they are sending this bill for that exact amount $349.00 to several people-some of whom have never even had a BML acct.

Send it to spoof@ebay.com or spoof@paypal.com  and then delete it.

Hopefully you didn't click on anything-if you did run your security scans.

Good Luck.