eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
How do I close an open case against me after they received item?

I buyer opened a case ungainst me for an unrecieved item less then a week after they won without ever contacting me about it. I responded imediately and added the tracking number. The item was received and accepted on June 25th  but the case is still open and I have not heard back from the buyer.  How do I close the case?

Other Answers: 3
Community Member
Answered
in reply to kittyhawk78462

If there is no escalation to ebay, and there is no more activity on the case, ebay will assume that the problem has been solved, and automatically close the case in 30 days.  I've had a couple that have been closed - that I had forgotten about until I got the email telling me it had been closed  :smileyhappy:

I don't think the seller can close a case (at least I haven't seen where this is possible), but I did have a buyer actually close one the other day when he finally received his item in Saudi Arabia!

“To be able to ask a question clearly is two-thirds of the way to getting it answered.” – John Ruskin
maggie_kai
Community Member
Answered

If there is a case opened, you need to enter the delivery confirmation information.

You say it was received/accepted....does it also show Delivered?

Your shipping time DSR is terribly low......

pi_r_square
Community Member
Answered

the case is still open

The new eBay system automatically files a Case, even if the buyer only wanted to send you a message.

There is no harm, as long as the buyer does not escalate the case.

Please return to your question soon, and click "Accept as Solution" for any helpful answers, from any responder. If you were asked for clarification, please add your comments very quickly -- otherwise the responders may be unable to give further help