eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Gifts

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Do i pay seller fees after getting scammed?

I sold a blackberry 9700 on eBay. it was bought by a woman claiming to be in Las Vegas, but she asked me to ship it to her son in Nigeria. she asked for my email address so that she could send the money. little did i know it was a scam. she sent me fake PayPal emails (the looked very genuine) saying i had received the payment, but i had to ship the item before my funds got unlocked. i shipped the item, but i never got my money, and now eBay suspended my account because i didn't pay the final fee for the listing. i tried sending emails to eBay, but i haven't been getting a response. is there a way i can appeal my suspension and they lift it, or seller fees must be paid even if one got scammed? ( and i need help, how can i chat with an ebay assistant? somebody please give me a link because i cant find the option on the contact us page)

Other Answers: 3
disneyshopper
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jbwalyaman

ebay no longer does chat.  It is all through the phone.

Your registration says United States, so it would be a toll free call.

What country are you really in?  If there is an ebay site in that country, you can sign into that site, and click on Customer Support in the upper right hand corner, follow the prompts, and make that phone call.

disneyshopper
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jbwalyaman

You just registered this account on 3/21/13.  So you were suspended on another account?

Once you discovered you were scammed, you should have filed an Unpaid Item Dispute in the Resolution Center to get your FVF refunded.

Never send anything to Nigeria.  They are 99% scams, since Nigerians cannot open a Paypal account.

To talk to someone at ebay, click on Customer Support at the top of the screen and follow the prompts.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to jbwalyaman

i got suspended on another account. i made a new one so that i could post in the answer center. i discovered it was a scam a month later, after she began asking for 80 dollars to send it back. good thing i didnt send, or she could have chewed my money also..How do i contact them through the chat service? calling from here is expensive.