eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Gifts

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

shopping cart not working

Third time this week. I get in a hurry, add items to my cart, come back and the page just tries and tries to reload the shopping cart. Is this feature as worthless as I am experiencing it? This is me as a buyer and it does not work, period. As a seller, I don't want my customers to even try it. Is this expected, common or will it be fixed and I am just having a glitch?  Treid the cart with both Chrome an IE9 . No good with either.

Please use plain text.
hit-here
Community Member

Re: shopping cart not working

in reply to radiodude365

It is a bumpy ride on the cart at times.. I use chrome also. 

I also put things I am interested in on my watch list. (I have to clear it out every so often) 

Use your watch list (so you don`t lose things) as it is more reliable ( in theory) 

Please use plain text.
ocbrandy
Community Member

in reply to radiodude365

I'm having the same trouble right now! When I want to shop, I want to shop! No good, no good at all.

Brandy
Please use plain text.
prettywoman-2012
Community Member

in reply to ocbrandy

ocbrandy wrote:

I'm having the same trouble right now! When I want to shop, I want to shop! No good, no good at all.

Yeah, a lot of people are reporting this glitch, not sure when they will resolve it. You can add items, like hit said, to your Watch list, but it won't do you much good when you want to check out or ask for the combined total (should you be shopping for more than one item from the same seller). Good luck

Please use plain text.
gee56usa
Community Member

in reply to prettywoman-2012

I have never used the shopping cart, but I still get combined totals from same seller.

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

There is no such word as bidded.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to gee56usa

Figured I'll weigh in and add my name to the list of complaintants.  Making it hard to buy stuff in bulk with my Bill Me Later account!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to hit-here
Thank you for your replies. The reason for a shopping cart are convience and maybe a discount. I also used my Watch list for years and hoped eBay had added a cart for us sellers and for us buyers. It simply sucks and I will NOT be buying an eBay store because they failed so miserably. Their main competitor (A) certainly has a better IT department. But I like auctions! :smileyhappy: thanks again, radiodude365
Please use plain text.
lindy*13
Community Member

Re: shopping cart STILL not working

in reply to radiodude365

Still not working !!!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to radiodude365

This started happening to me 3 days ago. Now I can't even add items the page says its loading, then "Problem Loading" error. Now the logging in is taking 5 times longer to complete the action. Fix this eBay we want to spend money! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
wulfgar_duex
Community Member

in reply to ezshifty05

Having the same problem. Started a few days ago and now  I can't add anything to the cart without an error.

Please use plain text.
prettywoman-2012
Community Member

in reply to wulfgar_duex

wulfgar_duex wrote:

Having the same problem. Started a few days ago and now  I can't add anything to the cart without an error.

If I had a dollar for each of the posts on this topic from the past 3 weeks, I think I would be very rich by now. ebay should really look into this and fix it.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to radiodude365

Try Disabling your Adblocker and/or Anti-virus. After I did that the cart worked. Just remember to re-enable it after you are done with the cart option.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to mastersof

I was also unable to access or add items to my ebay cart for days at a time since early August 2013. By temporarily disabling my antivirus program, I'm now able to access my ebay shopping cart. Weird...

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to radiodude365

I will not be disabling my AV to shop at ebay, I'll go somewhere else. Addition, my Adblock has the entire ebay domain on exclude. Comeone ebay, you are letter down your sellers cause the buyers can't get to the sellers. You are causing major friction of money transfer. Do this long enough and the word will go viral that ebay is unsafe or unreliable.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to radiodude365

I really can't decide if I'm happy or extremely sad to find out that I'm absolutely not the only one experiencing this problem!

Bad eBay, bad!

Please use plain text.
arelenet
Community Member

in reply to radiodude365
Still not working! Gosh..

I make jewelry, mainly earrings, so it's frustrating to use the Buy It Now-button every single time when I purchase 20 or more items.. As you can imagine.

Why won't eBay fix this problem? Hellooo-ooo?! It's been an issue for me a few good months already!!! :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to radiodude365

Ebay cart will not load, tried diffrent computers, internet access, browsers! I can't check out and pya for the items , this been going on for a week now! it works on mobile phone, whats going anyone knows?

Please use plain text.
aprilemma.geo
Community Member

in reply to compucomputerssales

I've e-mailed eBay twice already on this. You'd think eBay would want to keep customer business. I know there have been times when I don't even bother to shop on eBay because when I try to get into the cart, there is a significant delay. Even adding items to the cart is now difficult. Now today I cannot even PAY from the cart. It takes forever.

Why has eBay ruined the efficient functionality of the cart?

This is not my browser's fault. I've tried three different browsers. Besides, I used to have no problem using my current browser. I could click in and out of the cart in an instant. And pay quickly.

I've been shopping on eBay for some time, and I usually check out using the cart. Why is this problem happening now, and why hasn't eBay fixed it?

Ebay is losing sales. I'm on the verge of shopping on Amazon only, because I cannot shop on eBay when paying is so difficult.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to radiodude365

This is getting to be a pain in the a$$.  I use my desktop to shop and put things in my cart.  When ready, I use my eBay Android app to checkout.  Duh.

Please use plain text.
iluvwhwt
Community Member

in reply to radiodude365

Cart still not working

I suppose I'll not be able to buy any of it

started putting everything in watch list yesterday

why doesn't Ebay do anything???

Please use plain text.