eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

eBay Employee

eBay Sidebar for Firefox User Feedback (Windows, Mac & Linux)

Thank you for installing the eBay Sidebar for Firefox. Please tell us what you liked, disliked, or found missing by posting in this thread.

If you haven't tried the eBay Sidebar for Firefox, try it now and let us know what you think! [url http://pages.ebay.com/firefox]http://ebay.com/firefox[/url]. We will be checking this thread on a weekly basis and look forwards to reading your feedback.

Jonny, Internet Marketing
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: eBay Sidebar for Firefox User Feedback (Windows, Mac & Linux)

in reply to jonny_g@ebay.com
Why are prices in $? works OK in Firefox but not in Explorer.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Please can it be made possible to specify the refresh times for the sidebar in future releases?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Just reinstalled the add-on. But having a problem connecting to ebay when clicking on the link on the sidebar. It directs to rover.ebay.com but shows nothing - I just get a blank page.

The icon is also grey - Every link on the drop down list will go to Rover.ebay.com. But same result: Blank page.

Have to manually type in the url if I want to go to Ebay.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Edit: Problem solved.

Just discovered the problem. Had to add Ebay.com to the Anti-Banner whitelist in Kaspersky.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I used the eBay sidebar on Linux for a few days, but it didn't stay current for watched items. I removed some items from watched status using My eBay, but they remained in the sidebar, and I didn't know how to get rid of them. Irritating. Also, I noticed a bug that made the time remaining in an auction to fluctuate back and forth between "4d" and "3d" every few seconds.

It ought to be possible to control, or at least predict, how often information gets refreshed.
Greg
Please use plain text.
Community Member

> Edit: Problem solved.
>
> Just discovered the problem. Had to add Ebay.com to the Anti-Banner whitelist in Kaspersky.

Thanks y ou very much.
I didn't solve the problem since 1 month.
And i see a link for this topic on a review.

and now it work.
I reinstalled several times, and i thought the problem was 64 bits.
THanks you
Please use plain text.
Community Member

The "eBay-Sidebar für Firefox" is overcrowded. Either a color (green) or a text (erfolgreich) but not both because the text is not the truth "Verkaufen (erfolgreich)" if the auction is runing.

And in German "Menge" with "1 mögliche weitere" mean what?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Just updated to version 2.0 and now it doesn't work. It just has the link to connect to ebay, I click it and log on page appears hit the sign in button then it flashes a page that i can't see then goes to a blank page.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Thanks for your valuable feedback.

We would highly appreciate you suggested us which would be the most appropriate German expression for "Selling (successfully)" while an auction is running.

Likewise, in the case of "Menge" and "X ögliche weitere" we intended to display the number of units still available for a given product, something like:

Quantity: X remaining

Thanks for helping us improving the extension.

Kind Regards

Juan Manuel Rodriguez
Lead Developer
eBay Sidebar for Firefox
Please use plain text.
Community Member

@hobar_tbd

Thanks for your valuable feedback.

Could you please provide the following details on your environment to see if we can find the root cause of your problem.

Which operating system are you using?
Which version of Firefox are you using?

In case you are using windows, could you please try running Firefox from the command prompt this way:

C:\Documents and Settings\youruser>"yourfirefoxinstallationpath\firefox.exe" -console

where yourfirefoxinstallationpath is typically "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox"

and paste here any error messages displayed in the small black window opened along with the browser after you try to sign in?

If you require further instructions or help, please post your email address so we can reach you directly.

Kind Regards

Juan Manuel Rodriguez
Lead Developer
eBay Sidebar for Firefox
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Automatically installed new update of sidebar 2.0 on Firefox 3.5.3. It doesn't work for me. Have the same problem than others. Always get the US side for login instead of German side that if have choosed in sidebar preferences. After login mostly a white screen appears nothing more. If I try to call Ebay side over sidebar again I always get the US side and have to login again and again. I deinstalled this Add-on for three times. Restartet Firefox after installing of sidebar and changing the preferences to German side. But nothin happened. Always get the same problems. What da hell is this?!
Can't see my actual auctions. The sidebar version before works perfectly for me. I'm using German version of Mac OS X 10.5.8 on a Powerbook G4 17".
So it's very urgent to solve this unacceptable problem - time is money!
I want my old version of sidebar back, it works perfect for me on actual Firefox!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Toolbar icon is much too large - looks very ingocgruous next to my other, smaller buttons. Will be downgrading plugin to 1.x until the icon stops glaring me in the face.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

It wont let me remove this item from the sidebar - even though I have removed it from My eBay - I am no longer watching it but it is still there in the sidebar and every time I try to remove it I receive a message stating an error occurred.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290346711285&rvr_id=&mfe=sidebar

Also, I wish you would make a sidebar for internet explorer.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Hello!

For me the same.
I loved my Firefox Companion fuer eBay.
I installed the latest version and I am led to a blank page.
The Log-in is in English which is unusual.
-Changing the country in the option does not help.

I deinstalled 2.0 and reinstalled 1.6x

Pity - I would love to have a version which gives the changes in a shorter time.
Also I wonder whether it is possible to tell my companion to make a bid at a certain time ... once there was.

I hope you resolved the problem. Good luck!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

My Firefox version is 3.0.14
Please use plain text.
Community Member

What is the point of asking customers to suggest improvements if, when customers suggest improvements, they are then totally ignored?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Tried running from the command prompt but had the same results and no error message. I'm currently running Firefox 3.5.3 on Windows 7.

hobar_tdb@hotmail.com
Please use plain text.
eBay Employee

Hi danieljbeardsall,

You can move the eBay button to the status bar. Right click over the eBay icon and select "Customise..."

A "Customise toolbar" window will appear. Drag and drop the eBay logo onto this window.

Close the window. You will see a much smaller status bar icon on the bottom right of the browser. Please let us know if you have any questions about this.

Thanks

Jonny, Internet Marketing

Thanks,
Cheryl
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I don't have any problems with the sidebar but i would really like to be able to hide some items i am watching so in sidebar i can have only the most important of them.
Thanks!
Please use plain text.