eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • FedEx One Rate

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

stan_calvin
Community Member

can i reopen a close case?

I got cheated by a seller cause a counterfeit and fake item, and he promised to refund then he asked me to close the case, after i closed the case i haven't receive any refund, and i can't anyway to re-open the case or open another case, already reported to ebay about the item but seem that is hard to contact ebay. what should i do?? HELP!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: can i reopen a close case?

in reply to stan_calvin
Call ebay:

1-866-540-3229

Open a case within paypal.com

Call paypal: 1-866-888-6080

Be nice and courteous to the rep on the phone b/c they have all the power to reopen the case, read all of his messages he sent to you and/or yank the money out of his account if he adked you to do that.

Leave feedback.

It might not be easy, you may wait for a while but it is 100% certain, under those circumstamces you mentioned that you will get your money back
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to beltway.collectibles

You can't open a case with PayPal if you've already opened one with eBay. So, all that's left is for you to call and see if they will help.

And, as you've learned, never close a case without a resolution first.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to stan_calvin

stan_calvin wrote:

I got cheated by a seller cause a counterfeit and fake item, and he promised to refund then he asked me to close the case, after i closed the case i haven't receive any refund, and i can't anyway to re-open the case or open another case, already reported to ebay about the item but seem that is hard to contact ebay. what should i do?? HELP!

If you used a credit card, file a chargeback.

In Select a Reason for Dispute, choose I'm expecting a credit:

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2927/x7c7.png

Then provide a copy of the documentation showing that your seller promised a refund.

You do not need to retell the back-and-forth about being asked to close the case before getting a refund: It is irrelevant. You were expecting a credit, and you have not received that credit.

Please use plain text.