eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

m069514
Community Member

Very Frustrated Right NOW! No item and seller gets 10 days to respond after several messages.

Where do I begin...........

I am a buyer and seller here on Ebay. I won 6 auction items from a seller in Canada on 9/11 with over 200 at 100% positive feedback. At first, communication was great, plenty of back and forth communication. I had request an invoice to get the total, that took a few days to complete because seller had to go to post office and get an estimate. She then marked the packaged as shipped on 9/18 but with no tracking number. Okay, no big deal. Since I knew packages took a long time to arrive from Canada, I wasn't looking for the package every day but after exactly 12 days, I messaged the seller and asked when to expect the package and was told any day now I would get it. I waited 2-1/2 weeks total and then I messaged back saying I haven't left feedback because the package hasn't arrived yet, just a simple little nudge. Two days went by, no reply. I then messaged asking for the tracking number, another 2 days go by, no reply. I check their feedback and still 100%. Then 3 weeks and 2 days later, I check their feedback again and Voila!, a negative from other buyer stating item was not received.

I started a thread here earlier but I can't find it to add to it anymore and other buyers say packages from Canada take anywhere from 1 week to 5 weeks to get here. Okay, I can even understand that, but not no communication. I then messaged the buyer who left the negative and was told that she purchased the item 3 days before I did and she opened up a case, didn't wait around like I did and told me that the seller never responded to her many messages either and she was given a refund.

Okay, to make a long story short, I had to open up a case through PayPal since the item was purchased from Canada and I escalated it after 4 days of no response and now they get 10 days to respond before PayPal make sa decision. Oh, buyers have 4 days to pay before getting an UPI strike but sellers have 10 days to respond after already not responding to several e-mails over a period of week and a half? Incredible how unfair Ebay and PayPal can be, does just the opposite of what would be expected. They allow the scammers to scam, and the deadbeat sellers to remain deadbeat. Now I have to wait forever to get my money back. I will never buy or trust another seller from Canada. Had to get this off my chest! Unbelievable 10 more days of no response, I'm quite sure of it.

Please use plain text.
toomanythings2004
Community Member

Re: Very Frustrated Right NOW! No item and seller gets 10 days to respond after several messages.

in reply to m069514

Well I can't really help on the paypal claim but I can tell you how to find your post.  If you click on your user id on this post it brings up a page that tells your history on the boards.  Here is your original post on the subject:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Buyer-Central/Shipping-a-package-from-Canada-to-the-United-States/m-p/1...

Please use plain text.
m069514
Community Member

Re: Very Frustrated Right NOW! No item and seller gets 10 days to respond after several messages.

in reply to toomanythings2004

Thank you toomanythings. How do you find these things? I haven't been using the forum long and am still learning.

Please use plain text.
m069514
Community Member

in reply to m069514
Never mind. I did what you said. That's interesting. Thanks for the tip.
Please use plain text.
bakelite_n_buttons
Community Member

in reply to m069514

Next time file with ebay, you have to wait 7 days to escalate and they'll decided it within 48 hrs (usually minutes to a few hrs).

Paypal USED to be the faster one though didnt it? Years ago, Id swear you could open and escalate within minutes. Its been forever since I did a paypal claim and I think I only did it once.

“You have not converted a man because you have silenced him.”
― John Morley, On Compromise
Please use plain text.
m069514
Community Member

in reply to bakelite_n_buttons

I tried to file with Ebay but since the item was from the "Canada site" I could only do it through PayPal. Neither a seller nor buyer should have to wait 10 days for ther other party to communicate. Whatever happened to the "you should get a reply in 2-3 business days"? It gives them even more time to spend the money they got from you and close their bank account and go AWOL!

Please use plain text.
toomanythings2004
Community Member

in reply to m069514

I am pretty sure you could have filed on ebay.ca  

Please use plain text.
toomanythings2004
Community Member

in reply to m069514

Should add that if you are covered under buyer protection you get your money even if the seller empties their account.  It's up to paypal to collect it from the seller.

Please use plain text.
m069514
Community Member

in reply to toomanythings2004

I did go to Ebay.ca and it took me straight to PayPal. Oh well, what can I do? I am just one fish in the big huge sea. All I can do now is wait 10 more days.

Please use plain text.