eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Accepted Solution

The seller hasn't shipped my item and won't answer messages

I have bought a book from a seller for school. After a week he still hasn't sent it, so I messaged him, he didn't answer till I had sent several and that was only because I threatened to cancel my purchase. He said he would send it the next day. Its been several days since then and he still hasn't shipped and won't answer me at all. What do I do now?

Please use plain text.
theshoppingmom2
Community Member

Re: The seller hasn't shipped my item and won't answer messages

in reply to wareagle*2011

Steps to take if you don't receive an item

After you pay for your item, review the estimated delivery date on the Order details page in My eBay. The seller may have also provided you with shipment tracking information. Learn how to check the shipping status of an item in My eBay.

If the estimated delivery date has passed, or you didn't receive tracking information, and you haven't received your item, you can follow these steps.

1.Open a case.
Contact the seller by opening an eBay Buyer Protection case in theResolution Center, and let the seller know that you haven't received your item. You can open a case after the estimated delivery date of an item or, if you weren't given an estimated delivery date, 7 business days after making payment.
The seller may:
  • Provide shipping tracking information to show where the item is

• Issue you a refund

• Offer to send you a replacement item, if you agree

This step usually resolves most issues. We'll follow up with you to make sure you've received the item or the refund.
2.Escalate the case.
If 3 business days have passed since you opened the case, and the seller hasn't resolved the problem, you can escalate the case to eBay Customer Support. If you don't contact us within 30 days of opening the case, we'll assume the issue has been resolved and we'll close the case with no additional action.
3.We review the case.
We'll review the case and get in touch with you within 48 hours. We may ask for additional information to help resolve the issue. If the decision is in your favor, we'll refund you for the purchase price of your item plus the original shipping cost.

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to theshoppingmom2

The last day on it arriving is in September. So it wont let me open a case. I have tried to contact the seller several times and he has only answered me once. I need this book for class, I told him this nicely, but I'm tired of him not answering me or even sending my package.

Please use plain text.
theshoppingmom2
Community Member

you will have to wait until the date that eBay says you can open a case. Can you request that the seller sending tracking?

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to theshoppingmom2
no. He hasn't even sent it to start with... I have already purchased this book elsewhere because he isn't answering. I have sent a request to cancel but of coarse he hasn't answered that either.
Please use plain text.
in.a.nutshe11
Community Member

Is this the Forensic Science book you bought on the 17th?

If so then that was won on a Sunday, he has a two day handling time and is shipping  economy which can take up to 11 days to receive.  He could have shipped but didn't notify you of shipping. 

By his feedback received, he ships slow and has terrible feedback. 

You can file the item not received when you can. 

Please use plain text.
smartest_guy_here
Community Member

You bought two of the same book? The earlier one was on the 17th and says 4 to 11 business days for delivery. It has only been 3 so far if that's the one. There's a very good reason you can't open a case yet as it clealry outlines delivery estimates in listings.

=================================================

Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either.

Albert Einstein
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to in.a.nutshe11
He answered a few days ago to say he was shipping next day. He still hasn't shipped. I have messaged him asking about it but nothing. I didn't realize how bad some of his feedback was, some people never got their items
Please use plain text.
in.a.nutshe11
Community Member

I realize how important it is to get school books.  It's so frustrating.

But you bought the book on a Sunday with a 2 day handling time and super slow shipping.  It was way too soon to buy another book and worry.  It's only been 5 business day since auction end and 3 days of shipping if he shipped when he said he would. 

You may end up with two books since the first seller could have shipped already so it's on it's way. 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

The one you bought on the 17th, late at night.  Has a 2 BUSINESS DAY handling time.

ETA parcel post is 4-11 Business days.

ETA Aug 26-Sept 4th

The one you bought today could be shipped out as soon as MONDAY.  But they don't have to till TUESDAY.

If you went with the free shipping it could be 2-11 Business days.

If you paid extra for parcel it could be 2-6 Business days.

ETA Aug 30th-Sept 11th.

The earliest you can open a case for your first purchase is About Sept the 4th. 

The second book is after Sept 11th.  Good luck, WW

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to in.a.nutshe11
As of a few days ago he hadn't sent it. I'm worried because I read some of his feed back from the last little while and some of those people never got their orders. If he would just contact me I would feel better but he won't answer. It wouldn't kill he to send me a message back that yes he has sent it, after I asked.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

wareagle*2011 wrote:
As of a few days ago he hadn't sent it. I'm worried because I read some of his feed back from the last little while and some of those people never got their orders. If he would just contact me I would feel better but he won't answer. It wouldn't kill he to send me a message back that yes he has sent it, after I asked.

How is it you know he hasn't shipped it?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to takikawa4

He hasn't marked it or replied to my question if he had sent it yet.

Please use plain text.
triyarn
Community Member

How many days is a few?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you tear out a man’s tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you are only telling the world that you fear what he might say.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to triyarn
He messaged me 3 days ago, finally, to say he would send it out next day. I contacted him 2 days later and all I've gotten is silence. All I wanted to know is if he had shipped it. But he wont answer.
Please use plain text.
triyarn
Community Member

So, if he shipped it when he said, he only shipped it a day late and you have already purchased another?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you tear out a man’s tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you are only telling the world that you fear what he might say.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

wareagle*2011 wrote:

He hasn't marked it or replied to my question if he had sent it yet.

Not all sellers mark items as being shipped. As for not replying to your question, if you've sent a lot of emails to him, he's probably ignorning you at this point.

There's really no need to continue any type of contact with the seller. If you don't receive it by the last day of the estimated delivery date, you can file an INR and get a full refund.

Please use plain text.