eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
birthdaysparkletoenailpolish
Community Member

The post office lost my package.

My package seems to have gotten lost in the mail. The seller opened an investigation with USPS but hasn't gotten back to me about it. I messaged him but he hasn't responded. The Post Office says they can only give out info. to the person who opened the investigation and wouldn't even take down my phone number but they would've gotten back to him at least several days ago. The buyer seems to have dissapeared. Is there anything else I can do? Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: The post office lost my package.

in reply to birthdaysparkletoenailpolish

You need to open an INR claim as long as it hasn't been longer than 45 days from date of payment.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to takikawa4

Thanks. What is an INR claim?

Please use plain text.
hit-here
Community Member

Item not received claim.. go to the resolution center. Start the claim. 

You can contact your local post office in regards to missing mail yourself. 

Or file your own report.. 

Please use plain text.
prettywoman-2012
Community Member

birthdaysparkletoenailpolish wrote:

My package seems to have gotten lost in the mail. The seller opened an investigation with USPS but hasn't gotten back to me about it. I messaged him but he hasn't responded. The Post Office says they can only give out info. to the person who opened the investigation and wouldn't even take down my phone number but they would've gotten back to him at least several days ago. The buyer seems to have dissapeared. Is there anything else I can do? Thanks.

Not really, just wait patiently. It may take weeks until the package is located. Like others said, open an INR case and you can do this by selecting Report a Problem beside the item listing in your Purchase History (there is a drop-down list where you need to select the most suitable action). You need to do this within the 45 days window after you bought this item. Best of luck.

Please use plain text.
almostgoods
Community Member

[ Edited ]

What day did you pay for the item. I ask because your time may have elapsed to file a claim. I don't see any recent purchases under this ID.

Under Purchase history, find the item. On the right of the item you'll see a link that says "more options" You should have "resolve a problem" You'll see a "I haven't received my item" option. If you've past the 45 day window, that option wont be available.

This is my buying ID.
Please use plain text.
bakelite_n_buttons
Community Member

Is there delivery confirmation on the package? If so what does the tracking on it say?

Ive never been told as a buyer or seller with a MIA package that they'll only talk to the one of us that filed the complaint, Ive worked with my sellers and buyers a few times to get USPS to locate a package.

“You have not converted a man because you have silenced him.”
― John Morley, On Compromise
Please use plain text.
Community Member

If you have received a tracking number you CAN go on line and file a missing/lost report.

Sometimes that will shake a package loose.   Would you give us the transaction number.

(copy and past it over here)

We need to know if you are still under buyer protection for this item. 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to almostgoods

almost,   The search has been glitchy.   (It showing no purchases happen to me recently.)  There are about 5

items in the OP's history now.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

BIRTHDAY....

it is not your responsibility to deal with the PO---or to search for your package.  Since it has not arrived--and since your seller has not come back to give you any information--it is time for you to  file a Dispute with Ebay.  As you were advised above, go to the ResolutionCenter and file an Item Not Reeived Dispute.  Be SURE to keep checking back on that Dispute.  At some point, Ebay will ask you wheher you want to Escalate the Dispute.  You must check in "yes" or they well close the Dispute out.

Once you have succeessfully escalated--you can sit back and relax.  Ebay will obtain a full refund for you.:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to worthlesswife

BIRTHDAY...

And you do not need to do the things Worthless told you to do above.  Just a waste of time--and non-productive.

Please use plain text.
misfitfun
Community Member

in reply to garmentvarmint2014

If the problem is at the buyers end they need to act-not for the sake of their sellers but to protect their mail stream

-------------------------------------------------------------
This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to bakelite_n_buttons

The tracking link says Delivery-status-not-updated. The seller JUST now got back to me and said my mail carrier called him and just insisted that he did so deliver the package and too bad if I say I didn't get it. I DID call USPS and ask to open a seperate investigation but they said I couldn't do that and that they would only get back to person who did. I did open an item-not-received case with Ebay but that was a while ago. So, I should escalate the item-not-received case? The seller who JUST NOW got back to me said they gave him some other number to call and that he'll try again.

Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

birthdaysparkletoenailpolish wrote:

The tracking link says Delivery-status-not-updated. The seller JUST now got back to me and said my mail carrier called him and just insisted that he did so deliver the package and too bad if I say I didn't get it. I DID call USPS and ask to open a seperate investigation but they said I couldn't do that and that they would only get back to person who did. I did open an item-not-received case with Ebay but that was a while ago. So, I should escalate the item-not-received case? The seller who JUST NOW got back to me said they gave him some other number to call and that he'll try again.

Thanks again.

If the tracking does not show as delievered and given what the seller told you you need to file an INR.  The seller has to prove it was delievered online.

Please use plain text.
myangelandmyprincess
Community Member

in reply to longbeard1975
Sure a buyer or the op doesn't have to do those things but presumably if they bought the item they wanted it more than the money they spent on it so trying to shake it loose benefits them as much as the seller if it works in doing that

OP yes I would escalate the case now

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to myangelandmyprincess

MyA&P,

I have never heard of the PO not taking a lost package case.

I sure can understand an insurance claim though.

Birthday yes escalate the case when it allows you to.

Please use plain text.
almostgoods
Community Member

in reply to garmentvarmint2014

garmentvarmint wrote:

BIRTHDAY....

it is not your responsibility to deal with the PO---or to search for your package.  Since it has not arrived--and since your seller has not come back to give you any information--it is time for you to  file a Dispute with Ebay.  As you were advised above, go to the ResolutionCenter and file an Item Not Reeived Dispute.  Be SURE to keep checking back on that Dispute.  At some point, Ebay will ask you wheher you want to Escalate the Dispute.  You must check in "yes" or they well close the Dispute out.

Once you have succeessfully escalated--you can sit back and relax.  Ebay will obtain a full refund for you.:smileyhappy:

garmentvarmint wrote:

BIRTHDAY...

And you do not need to do the things Worthless told you to do above.  Just a waste of time--and non-productive.

Kind of like this pair of replies.. Would be a shame if the package was sitting on her neighbors porch and she did nothing to find it, when it was next door the whole time, right? Seller can't find that, can they? PO wont have record of that, will they?

This is my buying ID.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to almostgoods

almostgoods wrote:

garmentvarmint wrote:

BIRTHDAY....

garmentvarmint wrote:

BIRTHDAY...

Kind of like this pair of replies.. Would be a shame if the package was sitting on her neighbors porch and she did nothing to find it, when it was next door the whole time, right? Seller can't find that, can they? PO wont have record of that, will they?

I agree.

Wow. Just WOW.

Additionally, if the buyer has problems with the carrier or the hub or the post office, would it be better to assassinate the seller over this one lost package, or find out if there's a PROBLEM affecting possibly even more mail? If it's the seller's fault it's the seller's fault, but if someone is stealing or misdelivering mail the OP needs to get to the bottom of it.

Renegade SOLIDARNOSC
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to gramophone-georg

Most of the time it is easier for the buyer to find out about this stuff than the seller.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to longbeard1975

The seller wants me to wait because according to him since he can't offically prove it was delivered (say they delivered it to the wrong apt or was stolen off door step) then eBay will take the money out of his account so he will lose 100% including the shipping costs.

The tracking link doesn't say "delivered" tho. It says Delivery-Status-Not-Updated.

Please use plain text.