eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
auctionpet
Community Member

PHOTOS on Listing Pages - What's your Preference?

Question for buyers --- Do you prefer photos to be near the description (within template) or those atop the listing page?

I know ebay is heavily promoting use of their picture services which means they copy your photos and they appear as smaller images for one to view and enlarge. In doing so they also retain a seller's photos (not sure that I like this). They claim that upload of photos this way shows easier on phones and ipads, et. I realize at least 1 ebay copied photo is required.

Any opinions or input on this is appreciated from a buyer's perspective. I've been posting photos in both manners as I'm not sure which I prefer, I'd like to do what the majority of buyers prefer. This may also help other sellers.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
myangelandmyprincess
Community Member

Re: PHOTOS on Listing Pages - What's your Preference?

in reply to auctionpet

I prefer the ebay photos on the computer and the photos in the description when I'm on the iPad 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Please use plain text.
prettywoman-2012
Community Member

in reply to auctionpet

I like them both at the top, and within the body of the listing. At the top, I like 1-3 and in the listing, I prefer another 5-6 minimum.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to auctionpet

I couldn't care less where the pictures are.  I only need as many photos as are required to show me what the item looks like, and a close-up of damage, if there is any.

Please use plain text.
auctionpet
Community Member

in reply to auctionpet

Thank you for your input. Interesting, as ebay seems to allude to buyers preferring their picture photos on Ipads! I had cut back on photos within my listing itself and was posting more fo the ebay uploaded, but I think I'll go back to using more below the description.

Please use plain text.
tripp_the_lab
Community Member

in reply to auctionpet

I like them at the top and not in the listing. When they are in the listing it causes too much scroll.

Proud member of The Pack of Disgruntled Failures!

Neuter the people, not the dogs!
Please use plain text.
fan_fanatic99
Community Member

in reply to auctionpet

I prefer them at the top, especially if the pics in the body are above the description. I like to read the description first then look at pics. :-)

Please use plain text.
auctionpet
Community Member

in reply to auctionpet

I usually have one main photo above the description and the rest below, if putting them in the body.

I understand about the scrolling to view photos. I guess it's a preference of scrolling versus enlarging the ebay hosted. Now it seems even as to buyer's preference.

Please continue to post your preferences!

I have no problem posting both ways, as I mentioned I just don't like the fact that using the ebay picture services, who knows how long they keep your photos and what they may end up doing with them. I already think they sell them to Worthpedia and make $ off a sellers work. It seems like a seller is giving up the right to photo copyright when they use ebay photo service.

I've always wondered how worthpedia gains the rights to a sellers photos and listing and can use them on their website without seller approval. I'm guessing their must be something in the seller agreement about rights to listings.

Please use plain text.
muttlymob
Community Member

in reply to auctionpet

For the minority of us still on dial-up, photos in the description is a must.

It is very rare for me to get the eBay hosted photos to load completely, and even rarer to get the mouse-over or enlarge functions to work.

Most often the page has timed out before everything gets loaded.

Please use plain text.
auctionpet
Community Member

in reply to auctionpet

For the minority of us still on dial-up, photos in the description is a must.

It is very rare for me to get the eBay hosted photos to load completely, and even rarer to get the mouse-over or enlarge functions to work.

Most often the page has timed out before everything gets loaded.

Wow, thank you for pointing that out. Never thought about that.

Please use plain text.