eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Deals

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

I paid, Seller won't ship item, Marked as shipped. HELP!

HI! I'm in a bit of a situation and wonder all about all the expert opinion here.  :-)

I am going to try and be as clear as possible so there is no confusion... please forgive me if this goes long...

I purchased a computer battery thru Buy It Now for $49 plus a large shipping fee and tax - total was $69.

I paid immediately and soon after the item was marked as shipped.

3 days later I received a message that they were out of stock on the item and could they cancel and refund me the money.  I was was a bit upset as I need the battery and they already marked it shipped 3 days ago.

I looked up the seller and sure enough - They have a ton of the exact same battery up for auction = but for $149!  I called them on their lie and said that had  stock and to please mail me the item.  They messaged me back claiming, Yes, they do have stock but for a higher price. And would I please not leave neg feedback. 

I explained to them that they entered into the contract with me thru ebay. I held up my side and I would like them to send me the item. If they do not, I have no other choice them to leave neg feedback. 

I also investigated further and found that at this sellers company website they are selling the exact item for $72 with free shipping.

I called ebay and they said the only thing that I can do is wait for the item not to show and then file a claim.  That I am protected by buyer protection, yada yada.  But meanwhile this seller has my money, has my item and is completely jerking me around.  

Also, They claim to be a US seller but I do believe they are out of the country as the english is very poor in the emails and they only come thru in the middle of the night. 

Any help you guys can offer???

Please use plain text.
winteriscoming
Community Member

Re: I paid, Seller won't ship item, Marked as shipped. HELP!

in reply to dvjen73vn

Do you have the item number?

Is this amilineinc, with the really bad feedback? All their auctions are private too?

All you can do is wait until the deadline and file the INR. 

Maybe next time read the actual things written in the feedback comments.  It is not enough to look at the percentage, only.

“Community just got a facelift, thanks to you! No, really. You told us it could be better & we changed it.”
Please use plain text.
holidayshopper201
Community Member

in reply to dvjen73vn

Since you mentioned negative feedback in your messages with them, if you do leave a negative, there's a good chance they'll get it removed. :-(

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to dvjen73vn

You may be able to open your item not received case with paypal earlier than what ebay will allow. If so, do it, get your money back, and by all means, neg this seller.

They need to refund FIRST then ask you to cancel, and telling you "we have it in stock, but for higher price" yeah...they just need a pretty red mark warning others

"Refused to ship told me still in stock but for higher price" or something like that, short, calm, factual for your neg.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to dvjen73vn

[quote mid="5201859909"]

Since you mentioned negative feedback in your messages with them, if you do leave a negative, there's a good chance they'll get it removed. :-(

Incorrect....The buyer has every right to state that they will give negative feedback if they don't receive what they paid for. What the buyer CANNOT do is use the threat of negative feedback to get something that is OUTSIDE the scope of the original purchase ie: coerce the seller into paying for return shipping, or send them 2 widgets for the price of the ONE listed etc.

Please use plain text.
blue_eyes_james
Community Member

in reply to dvjen73vn

I explained to them that they entered into the contract with me thru ebay. I held up my side and I would like them to send me the item. If they do not, I have no other choice them to leave neg feedback. 

You did good, you stood your ground and firmly asked them to be professionals and fulfill their contract. I try to encourage people to do that and not be winpy.

But yeah, you also did bad by mentioning leaving bad feedback. That's wasn't a necessary part of standing up for your rights.

If you communicate any further simply ask when your item will be shipped. Period.

Then file an item not received dispute when necessary.

"Laugh and you'll live long. Laugh at yourself and you'll live longer!"
Please use plain text.
winteriscoming
Community Member

in reply to dvjen73vn

I think, that is pretty sneaky.   They ask please do not leave negative feedback to get the unsuspecting buyer to end up making a feedback extortion.

“Community just got a facelift, thanks to you! No, really. You told us it could be better & we changed it.”
Please use plain text.
rhomeyer72
Community Member

in reply to dvjen73vn

Technically its not feedback extortion as they are only asking for something that was promised in the listing.  Seller still might get it removed by a rep that doesn't pay attention to the specific language in the policy though.  

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to dvjen73vn

If it's apparent the seller isn't going to ship, I would just ask for a refund at this point.  Should that refund not be given voluntarily, I would file an INR once that option was made available and leave a negative feedback.

Please use plain text.
starroute-us
Community Member

in reply to dvjen73vn

That was was sneaky that the seller mentioned feedback almost in the form of a question.

You can file with PayPal faster than ebay.

OP if you have a Batteries Plus close by they are pretty good. Same stuff, lots of types. Save your receipt if you get a dud they replace without a problem.

So many of the ones here are from China now and if you have a problem you have to pay return shipping which is very costly.

Please use plain text.