eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Buyer not happy with purchase. Can't return because from foreign country and too expensive to ship

[ Edited ]

I have a buyer who is not happy with her purchase.  Even though the item is new without tags she says it is not new and has a hole in it.  i never saw a hole in it.  So I offered to refund her purchase price plus original shipping costs if she would return it to me.   What am I supposed to do now?  I have no idea as I do not ship internationally and this was originally mailed to Hawthorne, CA.  I'm at a loss as this has never happened to me before.  Thanks for your help!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Buyer not happy with purchase. Can't return because from foreign country and too expensive to s

in reply to scatterfoot

"What am I supposed to do now?"

If they send a picture and there is damage give them a full refund. What good is a damaged item to you?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Buyer not happy with purchase. Can't return because from foreign country and too expensive to s

in reply to andersonjd01

Tell them return it for a refund.  Odds are they are trying to game the system.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to longbeard1975

The buyer forfeited his protection when he forwarded it to another country.  You have no control of what that reshipper did for all you know they are the ones who damaged the item.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to scatterfoot

Ask for 'pictures' of the hole in the garment.

Please use plain text.
raduska75
Community Member

longbeard1975 wrote:

The buyer forfeited his protection when he forwarded it to another country.  You have no control of what that reshipper did for all you know they are the ones who damaged the item.

THIS.

Not                                  covered

The following isn't covered by eBay Buyer Protection:

By having the item forwarder, the buyer lost buyer's protection.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to elmih22

elmih22 wrote:

--------------------------

NO need for pictures - as the buyer lost 'buyer protection' by mailing the item to another country.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to raduska75

Wow, thank you, I didn't realize that.  What happens, do you know, if after all of this she leaves me negative feedback?  I really don't want that to happen either.  

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to elmih22

elmih22 wrote:

elmih22 wrote:

--------------------------

NO need for pictures - as the buyer lost 'buyer protection' by mailing the item to another country.

There "buyers protection" and then there is doing what is right. Ask for a photo, if there is a hole refund purchase price and move on.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to scatterfoot

scatterfoot wrote:

Wow, thank you, I didn't realize that.  What happens, do you know, if after all of this she leaves me negative feedback?  I really don't want that to happen either.  

The neg would stick as it has nothing to do with buyrs protection

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to abcelectronicsmpls

How does the OP know the reshipper did not damage the item?  Once its delivered to the re-shipper the OP is off the hook for that reason.  There is no right or wrong there

If the buyer files a claim they should lose and if that is the case then the neg will be removed.  

Please use plain text.
Community Member

I'm embarrassed for not knowing, but what is an OP?

Please use plain text.
winteriscoming
Community Member

in reply to scatterfoot

scatterfoot wrote:

I'm embarrassed for not knowing, but what is an OP?

Short for Original Poster. Used on online message boards and forums

“Community just got a facelift, thanks to you! No, really. You told us it could be better & we changed it.”
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to winteriscoming

Thank you everyone.  You all have been very helpful!

Please use plain text.
nowthatsjustducky
Community Member

in reply to scatterfoot

Did the buyer's user i.d. have kglpass in it by chance?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to nowthatsjustducky

No it didn't have kglpass in it, but it sounds like you might be having the same thing done to you as what is happening to me.  Is that correct?  Mine has nases in it.   I did notice last night when I was checking this persons feedback left for others that she just left negative feedback for another OP stating item was not new and had hole in it.  And the OP made note that this buyer wanted refund but wouldn't return item.  Same exact thing that is happening to me.  

Please use plain text.
Community Member

longbeard1975 wrote:

How does the OP know the reshipper did not damage the item?  Once its delivered to the re-shipper the OP is off the hook for that reason.  There is no right or wrong there

If the buyer files a claim they should lose and if that is the case then the neg will be removed.  

Long I have to disagree, as a seller that sells over 1000 items monthly I have never had a reshipper damage an item and knowing how they work it is highly unlikely. Now could it have been damaged in the overseas shipping? Sure. But is taking a Neg with a low feedback number worth not refunding $10.00 (I am pretty sure that I have the right item). If they buyer files sure they will lose but reshippers inform the buyers that they loose Ebay/Paypal protection so that is not likly to happen. A neg is very likely and will do great damage to OP as they are a small volume seller.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to abcelectronicsmpls

It is a low price item, $26, but it just appears like this buyer is trying to get items now for free since she has posted on someone's feedback negative because the item is dirty and has a hole.  Two items being shipped by two different sellers and both items having the same problem.  What are the chances of that really happening?  And, if I refund the money, which is not that big of a deal since it is a small amount, what keeps this buyer from doing the same thing to other people?  

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to scatterfoot

she is just trying to screw you. have her ship it back to you in the same condition she got it in, THEN if it is in the same condition, refund her shipping costs.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to thundarrkaren1

Can I, or is it appropriate, to put this into the resolution center or report a buyer for help for the fact she is refusing to return the item but wants a full refund?  

Please use plain text.