eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Community Member

Requesting higher selling limits?

Hello everyone, just wanted to start off by saying love this forum and all the good advice most of you have to offer. I have learned a lot just browsing through all the discussions. Now down to business I was just curious about requesting higher selling limits the first time they just verified some information and then doubled my limits. This time they would like me to call and discuss my selling strategy. I have no problems with this I was just curious if anyone had any recomendations on what information I should have ready and what exactly they will be asking about so as I am prepared entirely for the phone call. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
jeslie2011
Community Member

Re: Requesting higher selling limits?

in reply to jtsphoenixgoods

I just called them 15 mins ago to increase mine...all they ask me was where I got my crap..yard sales etc etc what are your future goals ...to make ebay a full time job...they check my account make sure payments have been made and got an increase for 100 auctions..thank you and call u next month!

Please use plain text.
ingeniouskha
Community Member

So, eBay gave you 200 items a month?

I'd be happy with 800 items.  That'd be super cool!  I guess, I'll call them Monday.

Carry the REAL thing
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Thanks for all the info. Planning on calling today! Hopefully Im the thousandth caller and get the infinity plan.

Please use plain text.
therepairbay
Community Member

I can't even seem to get the chance to increase my seller limits. Every time I enter that section, it says to the feature is not available at this time.
Please use plain text.
theemblemstore
Community Member

I wish I could offer some help, as I created this ID just after the policy------that all new ID's would have listing limits and payment holds.

I nurtured this ID for almost 1 year buying a few items. I also ran 18 test auctions for diecast gas pumps that sold to 11 buyers (Domestic & International). Of those 11 buyers, I only had 2 Domestic payment holds, which where released on day 4 when the items showed delivered. No holds since then.

At 49fb, I switched my other ID's payments to my new paypal account, and openned this store....with payments set to go into my older/original paypal account.

Christy can verify (as we messaged while we listed). I was at 110 listings, while she hit her limit of 50. I continued on to 365 GTC BIN's, and on free auction listing days...added 325 auctions into the mix.

I currently have 355 GTC BIN's with 18,613 available items total. My total value for all 355 listings is almost 200,000.

I think I over came the obsticals by 1 or more of these reasons:

1) I nurtured the ID, and didn't rush to get listing up for sale.

2) I switched my payments in my ID's to opposite paypal accounts. Old ID to new paypal / New ID to old paypal.

3) I already had known/established sales of the Diecast gas pumps and Emblems on my original ID. This may have removed the "risk" factor for being a new selling ID.

I'm currently nurturing my 3rd ID along, and will know for sure of exactly what to do.........IF when openning that store, the ID also is listing limit and payment hold free. I won't be openning that store until December or January.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

How long is this phone conversation?  I only have a prepaid and everytime I've called paypal or ebay with requests, it has eaten an hour of time!!!  I'm trying to get away from my part time job and sell everything I can here as I have 3 kids 9 and under and a terminally ill husband to take care of....

Please use plain text.
ingeniouskha
Community Member

@surplusofmedia,

It doesn't take longer than 10 minutes, not from my experience anyway.

I called eBay on Monday for them to raise my selling limits w/ my new selling ID (seriously, it's not new, ID opened in March) and it was approximately 7 minutes or so but I called early in the morning like 8am pacific time.

The reason for the call is for a rep to verify where you get your items (garage sales, store, thrift shops, whatever), what your goals are, how fast do you ship your items, and do you take your own pictures or do you steal someone else's, I guess?  They aske all of this and shouldn't take longer than 10 minutes or so.

Because of the low profit, I sort of abandonned my new ID until this month, I think.  I re-open a premium store and I was given 300 selling item limits so it's good.  I'm going to use the 300 items by the end of this week.  All I care about w/ this ID is for it to pay for all the fees and to get rid of all the magazines...I'm tired of looking at them just sitting here.  I, also, have LP's to take care of and those are in the thousands..those are in the back burner right now.

I've never worked so hard with my e-commerce until the magazines.  I'm spending so much time listing and all of that.  I hope it sort of pays off in the end.  Not getting my hopes up but I'll see how it goes.

Doug is right.  It's best to open a new ID, nurture it, then set in motion to sell...then you won't have trouble with the selling limits or the holds.  I open mine right up and started selling and 6 months later, I'm still subjected to the limits as well as the Paypal hold..not that I care about the hold because I have 2 back-up plans just in case disasters/calamities happens and I usually don't go in to business w/o some form of strategy and a back-up plan to cover myself.

Carry the REAL thing
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Alright, I did it.  Phone call was 1/2 hour long, but I got bumped from 100 to 175 items!

Please use plain text.
strugglevilleauctions
Community Member

In the same boat as some of you.  Trying to get the limits raised on my other ID.   Since the 2 IDs are linked you would think they would just raise the limit.  I am going to go make this call now.  We'll see what happens.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Please use plain text.
strugglevilleauctions
Community Member

Update:  Took a half hour and if i was talking to someone from India that was the best American accent I have ever heard... it was odd talking to a female named Brandon though.  Anyway, new limit 175 items.

Please use plain text.
strugglevilleauctions
Community Member

[ Edited ]

Update 2: Its been a half hour since I hung up and my selling limit has not changed.  Garbage.

Please use plain text.
strugglevilleauctions
Community Member

Update 3:  Talked to an American woman... dont remember her name but she fixed.  It only took another 45 minutes on hold.  ebay owes me 45 cell phone minutes since I had to do it twice.

Please use plain text.
charmlinda
Community Member

ebays new motto....we do it right, cause we do it twice!

Michael J...

If you're talking, you're not listening....If you're not listening, you're not learning.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I just thought I would let you guys know what my (limited) experience is with ebays limits.

Main Id has a limit of over 200,000 items. Only have about 1000 items listed sell very few of them every month. Only about 15 items a month. No hold on Paypal funds from purchases on this account. Its been open and doing the same thing for about two years have never had to ask for item limits to be increased or paypal holds to be lifted.

My second oldest I just started using this summer. It started with a limit of 25 items I linked it to my main ID and they lifted it to 50 items in the first week. One month later I had to call and it went to 100 items one month later I called and it has gone up to 175 Saturday I can call again and they said it should get another increase of about 50-100% depending on feedback and DSR any ebay cases ect.Well see what happens. All payments are held for up to 21 days or 3 days after delivery.

My third account I really only use for the free auctions I got 30 free items my first month once I linked to my main ebay id. I got it raised to 100 after 30 days and havent really needed to get it raised so I havent called to get that done yet. I probabley should do that. Well see what happens. All payments are held for up to 21 days or 3 days after delivery.

My fourth ebay account I am preparing to make a store. I just opened it this week it started me with 10 items brought me up to 30 when I linked it to my main id. I tried to link it to my second one but I was told it was to new by an error message. I am hoping to be able to list about 1500 new items in a store format by the end of the year. We will see if ebay cooperates with my plan. Not sure yet if I have paypal holds but I probabley do.

Well thats my experience with ebay limits. And Paypal holds.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

does anyone know Is it possible to contact by email
I'm outside the U.S. and I really don't want to spend $200 for the phone

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Why ebay limit item and money from seller ?

Please use plain text.
ingeniouskha
Community Member

Why ebay limit item and money from seller ?

To protect the buyer.  A seller could be selling items they don't have and run away with the money.  I believe, it happened many times before and that's why there are restrictions/limitations.

Carry the REAL thing
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I have had my account with ebay for a while started on 01 I think. I use to sell all the time but due to work and other life issues i have not sold in some years. I just listed 20 some items and noticed the limits. 100 items (REALLY). I was planning on listing 300 - 400 Items just to start. This has really made me reconsider my plans. I have 100% feedback on selling and buying. Any one have advise for me im at a stand still almost till i get this figured out.      

Please use plain text.
pantlandia
Community Member

I just got a notice this morning that they upped me to 225/$10k without me having to call or anything. I'm pretty happy about that as I have about 200 items that I would like to list and am going to open a store now.

Please use plain text.