eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Do they count Saturday in next day calculation?

I ran a report on my tracking uploaded within stated time because it says I have 8 that does not so so. For trs 90% is the minimum to keep tsr. Well I'm at 92% because over last 3 months it says I didn't do it 11 times in the 1 day The report on some says they paid Friday and I shipped Monday. Saturday is not a business day so why they counting that
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Do they count Saturday in next day calculation?

in reply to rekollection

I thought *business days* were only Monday through Friday too, so don't know why your stats are reflecting slow shipping times on those 9 sales.

That being said, I ship on Saturdays too, so 6 days a week for me.  I've even been known to drop by the Post Office on Sundays to dump a package in through the drop bin and have it in the hands of the USPS.. if I was going to be in that general vicinity anyway.

Please use plain text.
nearlymintcollectibles_com
Community Member

in reply to rekollection

Supposedly it's Monday thru Friday, but I too question it. I was TRS. Then I quit it. It got to be too much on me packing everyday. I was doing it everyday except Saturday & Sunday, but in July they said I was below the required amount of 1 day shipping an lost TRS.  I know I shipped everyday, except on a couple occations of a lost item and a buyer asking me to wait to mail because they were on vacation.  I'm not bothering with it anymore. The hassle isn't worth the saving which didn't turn out to be what I expected anyway.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to rekollection

justeverythenandnow wrote:
I ran a report on my tracking uploaded within stated time because it says I have 8 that does not so so. For trs 90% is the minimum to keep tsr. Well I'm at 92% because over last 3 months it says I didn't do it 11 times in the 1 day The report on some says they paid Friday and I shipped Monday. Saturday is not a business day so why they counting that

From the 2012 Spring Seller Update:

What about orders I get on a Friday or the day before a major holiday?

One-day handling means you upload tracking and ship within one business day—weekends and holidays don't count as business days.

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/eTRSupdate.html#faq 

Have you been paying close attention to what time your late night orders are coming in? If not, that could be your problem. For example, I'm in the Central Time zone. I'm 2 hours ahead of official eBay time, so any items, that I receive payment for, between the hours of 12am-2am, have to ship that day. I receive payment for an item at 1:15am Tuesday morning. Although it's Tuesday for me, according to official eBay time, its still Monday, and if I'm doing 1 day handling, the tracking has to be uploaded on Tuesday. So, if you're in the Eastern Time zone, your eBay day doesn't end until 3am. Gotta keep track of what time you receive those late night payments.

Please use plain text.
johnrj1226
Community Member

in reply to alwaysabargain4u

You are right and all statements.

To avoid the weekend or Holiday issue.  I simply buy postage w/DC thru eBay within 24 hours of payment receipt (via PT), I'm in the ET (3 hr. diff) - it counts as meeting one day shipping.  Then I package it up when ever I have time & take it to the PO or have it picked up the next business day (usually a Monday).  Haven't had an issue - except when we are out of town then eBay cuts you no slack when you are in the vacation mode  -  wonder if eBay employees get to take vacation day w/o having it count as days absent - heck life is not fair and I'm used to it.

Please use plain text.
silveradotrading
Community Member

in reply to rekollection

Try being closed on Sundays and Mondays instead of regular weekend. You get slammed bad by ebay for that.

We cant make our labels in advance of packing since each item is its own size and weight.

Ebay is VERY unforgiving in its rules. But I understand, once you build a corporate presence into multi million dollar company, you can say its our way or the highway to your most loyal customers/users with no worries! Thats the new American dream.

Please use plain text.
toomanythings2004
Community Member

in reply to rekollection

I called them out on this last week.  I had a buyer purchase an item late Friday night.  Technically I should not have to ship until Monday.  The expected delivery date to the buyer was Tuesday.  They still insist they are not counting Saturday as a business day.  How could I ship a package on Monday, first class mail and expect delivery on Tuesday?  Now, not only can you not take a vacation day but you can't take Saturday off.

Please use plain text.