eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • StubHub

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
what happens if you win a bidding but then you dont want your item do you have to pay for it

like i got something but i dont like i just want to know if theres a way where i dont have to pay for it or buy it or recieve it or anything

Other Answers: 6
buybuy42
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jnel3054

You bid & won.

That's what eBay is all about.

Next step is click the Pay Now icon

jame234
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jnel3054

Why would you bid in the first place?  Your bid is binding and if you win, you need to pay or you will receive an Unpaid Item strike on your account.  Two strikes, and you will find it hard to bid on anything because most sellers have bidders with two strikes blocked.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to jnel3054

Yes you have to pay, if you win the auction.

A bid is a contract.

Don't bid if you are not serious.

Upper right corner on this page, click 'customer support'. Type your question into the input box, and click the 'search' button.

This will answer 99% of all questions posted on this board.
auntella
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jnel3054

You can ask the seller to cancel the transaction. The seller may do it or may not. It is up to the seller.

Please, be careful when you bid. If you want to think about buying an item, put it in your Watch List and then decide whether you want to bid or not. When a seller cancels a transaction it takes some of his precious time and then he cannot relist his item until he get it cleared up.

If the seller does cancel the transaction, be very nice and agree to it. That is the way the seller gets his fees back.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to jnel3054

Of course if you won it you have to pay for it-if you didn't want it you shouldn't have wasted the Sellers time by bidding on it.

centerhill73
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jnel3054

This is not a game. Sellers have to pay for their fees whether they are paid for or not unless they file a case against the non-paying buyer. Please don't bid if you don't plan to pay.