eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Geico
grammagump
Community Member
how do i resolve an unpaid claim against me?

how can i resolve an issue.  I have 2 items that I was unable to pay for due to unexpected surgery.  I want the items and make the payments but they both filed unpaid claims against me>  :-(

I have never had a problem before and always make payments this was an unfortunate turn of events and my health was of utmost importance.

thanks

Other Answers: 4
Community Member
Answered
in reply to grammagump

If the Unpaid Item disputes were closed and you received a strike, then the transaction is over and you cannot pay for the items.

If the Unpaid Item disputes are still open, just pay for the items.  The dispute will close as soon as you do.

You can appeal Unpaid Item Strikes.  See here for info:  http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/appeal-unpaid-item.html

rockydaytona
Community Member
Answered
in reply to grammagump

if the UPI claims have been opened, you can pay to resolve the problem.

if they were opened and closed with no payment made, there is nothing more you can do with the seller. there is no way to make the payments once the strike is issued.

you would need to contact Ebay and see if they would give you a break and remove one of the strikes.

kraloe
Community Member
Answered
in reply to grammagump

You resolve by paying. If you want the items, then pay for them. (Unless it's too late.)

If you have other priorities, then go with those. You will get UPI strikes, and your eBay bidding/buying will be severely limited for a year. But eBay is secondary to your health. You can take that year to recover.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to grammagump

Unfortunately so many others have gone before you with tales of emergencies, surgeries, family deaths and inadvertent petsbidding, that most sellers will not give anyone a break.