eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • StubHub

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Accepted Solution
Should I disclose what my reserve price is?

I was wondering what the pros and cons would be to disclosing my reserve price to a potential bidder.

Accepted Solution
jame234
Community Member
Answered
in reply to hddivot

Go right ahead and disclose it then the potential buyer knows what he needs to bid.  Setting a Reserve price can be very frustrating to buyers and many buyers don't even try to bid on these auctions.  It's playing games and In my opinion, people don't have time for games.  Instead, you might want to start your bidding at the least amount you are willing to accept.

Other Answers: 5
Community Member
Answered
in reply to hddivot

Be very very careful.

You should only tell if you hope to sell. 

*lady*madonna*
Community Member
Answered
in reply to hddivot

Bidders don't like to play guessing games...they may give up out of frustration. By all means, reveal your reserve price if you want to sell your item.

*Listen to the music playing in your head*
whering660
Community Member
Answered
in reply to hddivot

Someone here recently said it best..."If you want to tell it, sell it!"

whering660
Community Member
Answered
in reply to hddivot

Or else I said it bassackwards! Oops!

ritacummins
Community Member
Answered
in reply to hddivot

There is absolutely no reason NOT to disclose it.   Many buyers will not play guessing games and unless they know what your reserve is, they will pass it by.

As a rule, the extra $2 charge for putting in a reserve is a waste of money.   are better to start an auction off at the lowest price you are willing to take for your item and forget the reserve.