eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
sudeze3100
Community Member
If the auction ended at a price lower than the buy now price, can the seller refuse to sell?

If the auction ended at a price lower than the buy now price, can the seller refuse to sell?

Other Answers: 3
Community Member
Answered
in reply to sudeze3100

Of course not!

Silly seller!  The Buy It Now price is not a reserve.  If you had paid attention to eBay rules/policies, you would have known this.

cute.shoes
Community Member
Answered
in reply to sudeze3100

No.

The SELLER chose the starting price.

If they weren't willing to accept that amount - they should have started the listing at a price they would be happy with.

A buy-it-now price is NOT a reserve (or minimum) price.

New sellers learn that leason FAST.

Because buyers who don't get their item leave negative feedback and bad DSR ratings -- then ebay RESTRICTS THEIR SELLING SEVERELY.

__________ _________ _________ __________
See my "me" page to learn what smart sellers do.
Community Member
Answered
in reply to sudeze3100

Yes.

The stupid, naive and dishonorable seller can refuse to honor any sale.....Just wait and see the red donuts pour in...Watch that sellers' reputation go by the wayside.

There was a lady who listed a wedding dress, just last week, at .99 cents with a $150.00 BIN...She came here asking this same question and was told to cancel the bids and relist at a proper price that she would feel ok with selling it for...

She didn't take the advice, it sold for $2.00 and BAM she now has a -1 for her first feedback. Then she relisted the dress...Think she'll get many sales from here on? I don't think her selling career will be too good.