eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
How do I set up an automatic bidding?

I want to set up an automatic bid, but I don't now how. I checked the information section about automatic bidding, but it does not explains how set it up.

Other Answers: 2
vista_coins
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cesarvirgilio

ebay's proxy bidding will automatically increment your bid until you reach your maximum bid each time someone else places a bid.

The highest bid wins, but by placing a bid just before the auction ends prevents other bidders from placing a new one to out bid you.    

You can snipe manually by sitting in front of your computer or there are companies that provide a sniping service for a fee where you set you max bid and they will place it for you seconds before the auction ends.

One company is Auction Sniper http://www.auctionsniper.com/?who=vnpSOYp0qdPjpU8M8uvTRQ%3d%3d

Everyone should know these 4 things:
1) Buyer Protection - 30 days to file a claim from delivery date
2) Auctions are binding contracts
3) Click on Customer Support to find all answers
4) Problems are resolved in the Resolution Center
woodland_gnome
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cesarvirgilio

You just bid your maximum, in mechanically the same way you are bidding now (e.g. typing in the amount in the bid box, clicking the place bid button, reviewing the confirm screen (never rush this), and clicking the confirm button.

ANY bid made on an eBay auction is treated as a "maximum bid" for purposes of the proxy a/k/a automatic bid system.  It is not an option you do something to opt into or out of:  it is simply how eBay auctions work:  highest bidder wins but the price s/he pays is calculated based primarily on what the second highest bidder's maximum bid is; and eBay hides the full amount of the winner's/leader's bid(s) to the extent it (or any of them if more than one) exceeds that calculated price ("current bid" while the auction is still running, which is simply what the price will be if there is no further bid activity).