eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member

Best offer

I have had a few offers for one item I am selling. Is it ok to accept one but not the other, even though the offers are the same? Shippingwould be different and i am afraid i would lose money on the one offer since it is west coast - I am on east coast. I have eight available 

Please use plain text.
bed*envy
Community Member

Re: Best offer

[ Edited ]
in reply to auntiemamel

Yes, you can accept whatever offer you want.  I believe it will auto decline the other outstanding offers.  Nice problem to have BTW..obviously there is enough interest in your item.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to auntiemamel

If the listing is for only one item, then as soon as you accept one offer, the listing is Sold and the other offers immediately expire. If the listing is for multiple items, it's still OK to accept an offer based on factors other than the amount of the offer.  

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to auntiemamel

Yep, you can pick which one you want. You can even pick a lower offer over a higher one too. Some might wonder why you would but  selling price isn't the only factor. As you pointed out, shipping might be cheaper to a local buyer or it might be a repeat customer that you want to keep happy, cheaper offer offers to buy in bigger quantity or you don't like the toolhauz rating of the higher offer are some more reasons why to take a lower offer over a higher one.

Please use plain text.
prettywoman-2012
Community Member

in reply to auntiemamel

auntiemamel wrote:

I have had a few offers for one item I am selling. Is it ok to accept one but not the other, even though the offers are the same? Shippingwould be different and i am afraid i would lose money on the one offer since it is west coast - I am on east coast. I have eight available 

It is entirely up to you, indeed, which offer you accept! You could even accept a lower offer than the other one, if you would rather do business with that buyer who made the lower offer. Sometimes, a seller can wait of more offers to come in, if he / she anticipates a larger than usual demand for the item. Just make sure you look at the offer closely to see when it will expire. I also use the Make an Offer option and it is the most common form of my sales. You can select to accept an offer automatically, too, then enter the minimum you are ready to accept. Or, if you would like all offers to be rejected below a certain amount, only fill in that price, in the listing form. Best of luck

PW:womanhappy:

Please use plain text.