eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
How do you unbid on something/retract your bid/offer? Can you?

Need to know. Thanks!

Other Answers: 9
Community Member
Answered
in reply to raec87

You should be well schooled in bid retracting.

Bid Retractions in the last 12 months:   2  (now 3 after todays)

STOP retracting bids.....................we sellers look to see how many times you have done this and will cancel your bids and block you..............You want to actually be able to buy on ebay right?

How do you miss that warning when you bid that it is binding?...............

ludlowfair
Community Member
Answered
in reply to raec87

Raec, what PI meant by "Zero FB" is that you have not received any feedback from sellers, you have a "(0)" by your ID--which means inexperienced.  That is why the responders are trying to help you out.

The three bid retractions with no positive feedback makes those who see it wonder whether or not those are valid retractions. You have a history of bidding on something and then not paying for it, for whatever reasons.  Retractions often cost a seller time and trouble, and maybe money.  So, as someone mentioned, sellers may block you from bidding on their items.

You say you haven't retracted a bid unless you "had to."  The only "have tos" that eBay recognizes are  the three reasons given in that "How to retract a bid" section that you were given.

We're just trying to help you get a good start on eBaying.  :_

pi_r_square
Community Member
Answered
in reply to raec87

Nevermind. I found my answer

Yes,  I guess you did.

Bid retractions (last 12 months): 2

Zero FB, and two retractions.

You may want to read leftofcenter1968's post again.

Please return to your question soon, and click "Accept as Solution" for any helpful answers, from any responder. If you were asked for clarification, please add your comments very quickly -- otherwise the responders may be unable to give further help
raec87
Community Member
Answered
in reply to raec87

leftofcenter1968 --

If I've retracted a bid, it's because I had to. Why else would I just place a bid and then take it away?
I've only purchased one thing on ebay before and everything worked out well. So, yes, if I were to find things of interest to me then I would like to continue to purchase things on ebay.

Not that it's really any of your (personal) concern if I'm not trying to purchase from you, and now never will. Not that it seems like you would mind that too much. You don't even know me, so to speak to me in such a condescending manner is just ridiculous and rude.
Stalk my profile and tell me that I should be "well schooled".. ?

pi_r_square --

In regards to the "no fb" comment. I'm not entirely certain what you mean.
If you're talking about giving feedback on the item I purchased.. I am somewhat new to the site and tried to give feedback to the seller but couldn't locate the page necessary.

Neither of your "answers" were helpful.

The only helpful response that was actually informative came from everything-from-trinkets-to-treasures -- Thank you!

Community Member
Answered
in reply to raec87

how do you unbid on ebay?

raec87
Community Member
Answered
in reply to raec87

Nevermind. I found my answer. Thank you.

ludlowfair
Community Member
Answered
in reply to raec87

Sorry  to take a second slot, but I forgot something important.  When something dreadful happens so that you “have to” cancel a bid, you can explain and apologize to the seller, and request him to cancel your bid.  It’s the seller’s choice.  If he agrees, he will file a “Cancel Transaction”  to  which you must agree if you want to be released from the contract that you made by bidding.

Bid cancellations: 

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.htmlinvalid bid retractions.

"You can only retract a bid under exceptional circumstances

s"

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/buying-practices.html

P.S.  You may want to read this too: 

Bid retractions: We may take action against a buyer if we see a pattern of excessive or

---------From

Good luck to you.

everything-from-trinkets-to-treasures
Community Member
Answered
in reply to raec87

I think more importantly that you read the INVALID bid retractrion policy because you are not just allowed to retract bids for any reason you want. And doing so can get your banned from using eBay to buy anything.

Invalid bid retractions are a policy violation. Buyers have rules here too.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/invalid-bid-retraction.html

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/buying-practices.html

jame234
Community Member
Answered
in reply to raec87

Why so many retractions?  Instead put an item in your Watch list and do not bid until you are sure you want it and can pay for it.