Archive Bidding & Buying
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post

High bidder active auction no longer wants item - someone else purchased it for her daughter

High bidder active auction no longer wants item - someone else purchased it for her daughter

renegade202
Rising Star

She emailed me saying that she is "high bidder but she no longer needs it because someone else already purchased it for her daughter, sorry." Do I have her cancel her bid so then it goes to the next highest bidder? I am fine with this as I do not want to cancel the auction and relist. The auction closes in 6 hours . . . help!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES

Re: High bidder active auction no longer wants item - someone else purchased it for her daughter

Re: High bidder active auction no longer wants item - someone else purchased it for her daughter

in reply to Mar 2, 2014 9:37:28 AM
Rockstar
Last Edited 09:37:58 AM

Yes, you should  cancel her bid; that's much better than ending with an unwilling buyer.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?CancelBidShow

Also, since the auction has less than 12 hours left, you do not have the option to cancel and relist.

Message 2 of 8

in reply to Mar 2, 2014 9:50:14 AM
renegade202
Rising Star

How do I cancel her bid? Thanks!

Message 3 of 8

in reply to Mar 2, 2014 9:50:46 AM
Rockstar

Use the link in my previous post.

Message 4 of 8

in reply to Mar 2, 2014 9:52:42 AM
renegade202
Rising Star

Oops, sorry I missed the link you posted. When I cancel her bid does it then go to the next high bidder? Thanks for your help in this . . .it has been quite a few years since I have sold and trying to re-learn everything.

Message 5 of 8

in reply to Mar 2, 2014 9:56:18 AM
Rockstar

When a bid on an active auction is canceled or retracted, the bid history is rearranged as if that bid had never been placed.

Message 6 of 8

in reply to Mar 2, 2014 10:07:28 AM
renegade202
Rising Star

Thank you so much for your quick answers! Much appreciated!!!!!!!

Message 7 of 8

in reply to Mar 2, 2014 1:17:01 PM
7606dennis
Guide

No, you do not have to cancel her bid, but it would probably be a good idea to do so.  If you cancel it the bidding reverts back to how it would have been had the cancelled bid not been placed.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 8 of 8