The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.
Meet other eBay Community members who share your interests and passions.
Groups are a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!
The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers
The single source of information for new and professional sellers
Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.
on 05-02-2012 12:43 PM
I made a $500 best offer on a $600.
I then got a counteroffer from the seller for $580 - which I counteroffered $525.
He (the seller) then counteroffered me $560, and I counterofferd him $550.
He then sent me a message to confirm that I could pay and I responded 'yes'.
It has now been almost 48 hours and I still haven't heard anything back from the seller. He still hasn't accepted my offer, and my offer will expire soon. On top of that, someone else has submitted an offer (which is pending) and I'm worried I may not win the item.
So my question is: If I retract my last counter offer, can I then accept the seller's last counteroffer?
on 05-02-2012 01:06 PM
Sorry, miscounted the # of offers you made.
You've already made your third offer, so if you want the item now you need to BIN it (assuming it is a single item listing or you are after more than half the items remaining in a multiple item listing) or wait and see whether seller accepts your third offer. If you go the latter route, do NOT message the seller to let him know you're willing to pay more!
on 05-02-2012 12:47 PM
Can I retract my 2nd counteroffer to accept seller's previous counteroffer?
Remember ... the process is called Best Offer for a reason!
on 05-02-2012 12:46 PM
Have you written to the seller, asking him to accept your offer so you can pay?
on 02-27-2013 09:09 AM
You can also just offer to have them make the purchase via BIN, or a currently active Offer/Counteroffer, then refund any difference over what you agree to actually accept.
on 02-27-2013 09:15 AM
Sorry, ignore my reply above, I didn't catch that the OP was the buyer, not seller.
However, I don't follow the issue. If the OP's response of "yes" was to a Counteroffer, the sale is done. If the OP simply meant they said "yes" via PM to a PM from the seller that the seller would accept the buyer's counteroffer (a bizarre way of communicating, if you ask me), then No, there's no way to reverse the counteroffer status, and the sale is still pending.
on 05-02-2012 01:02 PM
Once your 2nd offer (eBay terminology: prospective buyers make offers, sellers make counteroffers, it is a lot less confusing to refer to them that way) expires, you can make a third one, unless the listing ends before then (as by the seller accepting the other offerror's offer, or someone BINing).
No, you can't accept the seller's last counteroffer. You don't have a valid reason to retract your current offer, and doing so would NOT bring back the counteroffer, which you rejected when you made your second offer.
Note that the 3rd offer is your last shot; after that your only option is to BIN. The seller cannot even send you a 3rd counteroffer.
on 05-02-2012 12:49 PM
Any Offer you made to the seller was cancelled when he made his latest counteroffer. So there in no Offer for him to accept. No point in sending him a message about an Ofer that no longer exists.