eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
melodymaker610
Community Member
why can't I set a reserve price for my listing?

I haven't listed anything for a long time. The last time it was easy to see how to set a reserve price. This time I didn;t see it and the item already has bids and I don't want to let it go for $20

Other Answers: 6
76mickd
Community Member
Answered
in reply to melodymaker610

He just had a simple question and it was. Where do I find the option to set a reserve? This was my question too. The only one that gave an answer was pinkflamingo2855. The rest of you seem to me hassling him. The only thing you missed pinkflamingo2855 was to tell him to switch to the ”Advanced Tool”. Then scroll down to where you set the price, there is where the option “add or remove options" is. Thanks though Pink you got me half why there :smileyvery-happy:

Community Member
Answered

have to use advanced listing for businesses, and set it high because if it dont sell and you relist it must be = or less than the original

orlyrin
Community Member
Answered

Sadly, it looks like Ebay no longer allows you to set a reserve price. The method pinkflamingo2855 suggested doesn't seem to exist.

This is frustrating because it makes Ebay much less useful to me. The reserve price was an immensely useful feature, especially if you weren't sure how much it was worth online, but knew an offline price you could use.

The whole "just list it at the min price" argument is naive. A high initial bid scares off most bidders, even if the price is still rediculously under value, and people get in bidding wars all the time. I've listed items at $10 that didn't sell, and then relisted them at $1 only to have them sell for $50 later.

pinkflamingo2855
Community Member
Answered

this is how you set a reserve as long as you asked; on the listing form just above the price there will be a line that states "add or remove options", click that, a box will pop up, check the reserve box and save. that will bring up the reserve box on the listing so you can set a reserve. but as the others already stated, it's usually cheaper to just start the bidding at the price you want.

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go"
Oscar Wilde
Community Member
Answered

End the auction relist at a higher price or a buy it now for what you need to sell it for . A reserve auction is usually a waste of time and money, most bidders including myself do not like reserve auctions except on high dollar items.

kraloe
Community Member
Answered

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/reserve.html

Well, if you couldn't find out how to list with a Reserve, why did you start bidding so low? You could have just started higher.

Go ahead and cancel the bid/end the listing.