eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member

+how do I get rid of sponsored links

HELP...Sponsored links are distracting my customers and in turn customers are loosing interest in my items and going on to look at the sponsored links! I fell like i'm loosing a lot of business and I think these sponsored links are taking sales from me...how can I get rid of them? Thanks Suzie

Please use plain text.
thesingingmuggle
Community Member

Re: +how do I get rid of sponsored links

in reply to suzie_mcdonald

Unfortunately, I do not think that you can, at least I am not aware of a way to do so.  These are a revenue source for eBay.  I agree that they are distracting.

Please use plain text.
pantlandia
Community Member

in reply to suzie_mcdonald

suzie_mcdonald wrote:

HELP...Sponsored links are distracting my customers and in turn customers are loosing interest in my items and going on to look at the sponsored links! I fell like i'm loosing a lot of business and I think these sponsored links are taking sales from me...how can I get rid of them? Thanks Suzie

Prove it.

Please use plain text.
beesz
Community Member

in reply to pantlandia

I recently saw some links after I purchased an item.  I thought they would be links to another ebay seller, but was surprised to see that they were to outside companies instead.  I checked the prices, and for the most part, deduced that the prices on ebay for this one item were either cheaper for the item or cheaper when shipping/handling charges were added.

OP, Just because the links are there doesn't necessarily mean that the buyer is looking at them, or if they looked that they're buying from them.

Ebay makes money off of letting other companies advertise on their site.  Other than emailing and complaining directly to ebay, there's really nothing you can do other than to just learn to accept that the ads are there and move on.

Women are angels. And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible like that.
Please use plain text.