eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
Community Member

Why are there so many doubleclick ads on ebay that I can no longer search effectively?

Searching has become a real problem with the huge number of doubleclick.com ads imbedded in the listing pages that to return to the previous page using internet explorer is not possible. There are usually 50 to 100 repeated ads per page so that you must click back button that many times to get to the original search. Thoughts??

Please use plain text.
pantlandia
Community Member

Re: Why are there so many doubleclick ads on ebay that I can no longer search effectively?

in reply to texasgenie

You have a virus...

or 

Quit using IE and use Chrome or Firefox with AdBlock

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Why are there so many doubleclick ads on ebay that I can no longer search effectively?

in reply to pantlandia

No virus. I have tried Firefox with blocks, but it limits usability quit a bit too. I have not tried Chrome. Will play more. What is puzzling is the repetition of the same link in history. So that back button is worn thin.

Please use plain text.
waffles202011
Community Member

in reply to texasgenie

Did a program auto install on your computer to add these pop up ads?  If it's what I think your talking about I've had to delete it twice from my control panel on my laptop.   It stayed off for awhile but came back.  I don't know why...... I assume it will come back again and I'll have to delete it again or rather uninstall would be the better word.     Look for words on the ad that match up to a program that has been installed as I can't remember exactly what program that it was that I uninstalled.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~
never approach a bull from the front,
never approach a horse from the rear
and never approach a fool from any direction
~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~
I am a buyer and a seller (on sellers account since 2004) so I am here to help others when I can and learn from others when there is something that I don't know.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to texasgenie

Try to 'refresh' the page, then click the 'back button' to return to the previous page.

Please use plain text.