eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
tonynbri09
Community Member
What happens if my item doesn't sell and my time runs out?

I'm a new seller and I'm not sure what happens if my item doesn't sell and my auction time runs out.

Other Answers: 6
trinitybball23
Community Member
Answered
in reply to tonynbri09

I agree with Lady*Madonna.  You need to change those other auctions.  You are selling for $ .99 with a high BIN price.  As soon as someone bids, the BIN price will go away.  BIN is not a reserve & if you only get one bid for $ .99, you would be expected to complete the sale at that price.  If you don't you would end up with neg. FB, low ratings & possibility of being reported as a non-performing seller to Ebay.  Not the way you want to start off selling on Ebay.  Most sellers have learned a hard or expensive lesson at some time in their Ebay career & we are trying to save you some trouble.

A reserve price will add $2 to your listing, so you may want to just start your item at a price you'd be happy with if you only get one bid.

=^^= Save a stray today.
*lady*madonna*
Community Member
Answered
in reply to tonynbri09

You DO realize that if you get only one bid of 99 cents on the card reader & pin pad you are selling that you are obligated to sell the item for 99 cents, no matter what the Buy It Now shows, right???

*There will be an answer, Let It Be.*
trinitybball23
Community Member
Answered
in reply to tonynbri09

When time runs out on your listing, it goes into your unsold folder on your My Ebay page.  You can relist it from there.

If you are new & have limits, you have to be careful.  I think revising your listings count against your limits, as does relisting. 

=^^= Save a stray today.
Community Member
Answered
in reply to tonynbri09

Yes it's true you can relist the item or not.  However being that you are new remember you can only list 50 items per month for free and a relist does count in your number of items listed.  So if you have listed 50 items or more you will be charged a listing fee unless you wait until the next month for your new 50 freebe listings.  So watch you listing count.

*lady*madonna*
Community Member
Answered
in reply to tonynbri09

You either relist it or keep the item.

*There will be an answer, Let It Be.*
Community Member
Answered
in reply to tonynbri09

I would get in there now and revise the prices on those 2 items you have starting at .99 cents before you get a bid.

A BIN is not a Reserve and as said if you only get 1 bidder you are required to sell at your opening bid price.

Never a good idea to start an item at .99 you can lose alot of $ that way, good luck.