eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
torch_regulator
Community Member
I have the wrong paypal email address listed in my current auctions. How can I change this?

I set up my ebay account and entered the wrong paypal email address on ebay. I have several things listed that will be ending very soon and need to change the email address to reflect the correct address to my paypal account. I sold two items two days ago and am still having problems making it where those people can pay me correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Other Answers: 8
torch_regulator
Community Member
Answered
in reply to torch_regulator

The previosly entered email address is nonexistant. I can't add it to paypal and have it confirmed. I added the correct email address to paypal and revised it on ebay as well. I can't however revise the email address in the items that I have listed nor do I know how to fix the situation with the people that I already sold two items to. Is there any other way?

pi_r_square
Community Member
Answered

Michael -

A few mouse clicks would reveal that ALL of the OP's items have bids.  Therefore their email addys cannot be changed.

Slow down!

Please return to your question soon, and click "Accept as Solution" for any helpful answers, from any responder. If you were asked for clarification, please add your comments very quickly -- otherwise the responders may be unable to give further help
buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered

IF this email is yours and you can receive an email at it, you can add it to your PayPal account and payments will go through.

You can have 8 linked emails.

This is the only way for you to claim these payments.

If you cannot do this because it isn't your email or it isn't a working email then you are hosed.

Any listings you cannot revise must be ended.

You will have to send Mutual Cancellations for the ended listings and will have to relist them making sure you edit the email for payment before uploading.

The buyers can cancel their unclaimed payments on PayPal.

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!
buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered

Since this is not a working email you are going to have to cancel the bids on your running listings and end them.

Do NOT let them end with a buyer. You cannot claim their payments.

You are going to have to send Mutual Cancellations to the already ended listings.

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!
pi_r_square
Community Member
Answered

The previosly entered email address is nonexistant.

Can you create such an email address, or did you misspell the "com" or "org" or whatever at the end, so no such email addy can be created?

If the latter, the buyer will get a notice something like "the seller cannot receive payments".  They can then cancel the payment, or allow it to be automatically refunded in 30 days.  In that case, you will not get paid!

There is a slight chance that PayPal might be able to assist you ... if they can, let us know.

Please return to your question soon, and click "Accept as Solution" for any helpful answers, from any responder. If you were asked for clarification, please add your comments very quickly -- otherwise the responders may be unable to give further help
Community Member
Answered

If you have no bids, and, 12 or more hours to go in that auction /s you can click revise at that auction, scroll down to the paypal logo and just under it correct your email address. If you can due to haveing even 1 bid, then at paypal sign in, then mid page click on PROFILE then edit email address, make sure that incorrect email address on your listing is the exact same way at paypal. One that item is sold and your paid change back to correct email at paypal and your listings.

pi_r_square
Community Member
Answered

fix the problem after reading this solution: 

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/claimpayment.html

Also,

Read ALL of this: 

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/howtosell/sellingbasics.html

Then, put a copy of this under your pillow, so your brain can absorb it while you are asleep: 

http://pages.ebay.com/buyerprotection/sellerFAQ/index.html

Also, since you have not purchased anything on eBay,Read ALL of this: 

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/basics.html

leo*spride
Community Member
Answered

Have you tried calling PayPal directly?  If you get a knowledgeable service rep, s/he may be able to adjust this on their end.

Otherwise... you can cancel the bids for the listings that only have a few hours to go, but you can't end them early.  eBay's computers won't let you after the 12 hours or less mark.

For the others, you can cancel the bids & end the auctions, but you'll be invoiced a Final Value Fee equal to the high bidder's cancelled bid.

Good luck!

Graciously Grin When You Growl