eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
Community Member
How do you get rid of Dingo Deals???

I am so frustrated by the Dingo Deals that keeps popping up - is this something that ebay has put on here?  I want to get rid of this!  Please HELP!!!

Other Answers: 7
Community Member
Answered
in reply to coloradojewels1
frodobagginskennedy
Community Member
Answered

ebay sells ad space

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Community Member
Answered

I actually figured out how to get rid of Dingo Deals!!!  I had just loaded the app from Facebook for tracking people who have un'friended you.  Once I got rid of that app - the dingo deals pop ups disappeared.  So, I know that it has to do with the facebook app.  If you are having problems and have downloaded this app - get rid of it and it will go away!!!

Community Member
Answered

I had this same problem.  I was also getting other popups from electricmustache.com, mashable.com and others.  I had no luck running my anti-virus, Spybot, or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.  I finally discovered it was a program my daughter downloaded to see when friends "unfriended" her on Facebook....FriendFinder.  After deleting it, the popups stopped immediately.  Go to Start>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and look for FriendFinder.  Worked for me!!!!!

auntella
Community Member
Answered

I found these on Answer Center Posts

Are you a Facebook member who visited Dingo Deals?
Have you visited a site that advertises Dingo Deals?
If so, your computer is infected.

-------------------

"Dingo Deals" is apparantly associated with facebook.
Log out of facebook and clear your temporary internet files before using eBay.

------------

Run your scans to eliminate malware in your computer.

Community Member
Answered

For me it was in add or remove programs under moviemode,, removed it all fixed

3ellekai
Community Member
Answered

I was able to disable the annoying Dingo Deals! 

When I was ebay shopping yesterday, I clicked on one of the "deals" so it maximized on the page - and I saw this symbol   on the top left corner - I right-mouse clicked on this and a notificaion appeared something like "do you want to disable Dingo Deals?" - well yeah...!! so I did and no Dingo Deals when I shopped today. So it's gone ... for now ... No promises but this worked for me.