eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
How do I set a reserve price

I treid the help article and it was no help. When listing an item I don't see any section called "Choose how you'd like to sell your item".

Other Answers: 8
skyguppy
Community Member
Answered
in reply to con100

You must start over and use the Advanced tool. You can switch to this tool ONLY if you are starting from scratch (no listing or setting a Reserve price on an active listing).

If you find yourself in the simple, Flash-based tool, go to the first page when you begin a listing and look for the blue text at the top of the screen, "Switch to Advanced tool" (or it may be "Use Advanced tool," I can't remember).

I had to call them up to get this answer!

davedotdave
Community Member
Answered
in reply to con100

Sell, Sell your item, pick a category,

Right below the 'enter description' field is that "How to sell your item section" ,

choose Auction (not  fixed price)

On the right is a 'add or remove options' link.

Click it and pick 'reserve price'

trinitybball23
Community Member
Answered
in reply to con100

I don't have the page handy, but choosing how you'd like to sell your item just means an auction style listing or a fixed listing (BIN).  When you are creating your listing, I believe it's past the pictures & description, where you enter the price.  Choose auction style listing, put in your starting bid & somewhere around there should be the option to set a reserve price.

=^^= Save a stray today.
Community Member
Answered
in reply to con100

If you have listed Fixed price and now you would like to change to Aution or if you woud like to revise your Aution listing. Here SIMPLY how you set up a reserved price:

Click to the listing item you would like to set

Click to REVISE

Sroll down to the price, you will see the bold text: "Choose how you'd like to sell your item", and red text line "Add or remove option"

Click to above Red text.

You will see the option "Set reserve price" - click to this and SAVE.

Then you can edit the Reserve Price. Good luck

heritagesoftail10
Community Member
Answered
in reply to con100

If that works please let me know. thanks

heritagesoftail10
Community Member
Answered
in reply to con100

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/reserve.html

There are 2 forms. the simple form and one that has more options. The one with more options should let you do a reserve. You can change the form that you are on in the top right of either form.

I'm not to sure this will do it but you can try.

It has been awhile since I have been a seller.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to con100

It had been a while since I sold an item.  I set them up using the Quick Listing tool not knowing about the Advanced Option.  Now that my item has been listed, you can not revise the item to set a reserve price.  

It's pretty lame that once an item has been setup using a Quick Listing that you can not go back and revise it using the Advanced Options.

My advice - never use the Quick Listing!!

Community Member
Answered
in reply to con100

Go to andvanced tool, then go to add options in the price catagory. However be on notice that Ebay charges $2.00 for using the reserve tool for every item you post. It's a listing fee meaning regardless if you sell it or not you're out $2.00.