eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Accepted Solution
How do I accept an offer before the auction listing ends?

An offer has been received, via eBay mail, on an auction item that has not run its' full course.  I would like to accept the offer and terminate the auction early.  Is this possible through eBay?

Accepted Solution
Community Member
Answered
in reply to kalaniopuu

If you don't want the most you might possibly get for your item, then look in the site map at the bottom of every ebay page, center column near the top for instructions on how to end the listing early. When you do that the current high bidder wins the item.

If you want to get the most you can for your item, let the auction run its course, the current high bid shoud still be there at the end if no one else outbids them.

You should do what is in your best interests, not giving away your item because someone doesn't want to take the chance they will be outbid.

Site Map at bottom of every eBay page can be your best eBay friend!
Other Answers: 3
janet9988
Community Member
Answered
in reply to kalaniopuu

No and the buyer is violating Ebay policy by asking you to do so.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~all the info that you need to read is here....
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/overview.html
trinitybball23
Community Member
Answered
in reply to kalaniopuu

Ending an item with bids on it is frowned upon by Ebay, especially if you plan to sell it to a user who violated policy by making an offer thru the message system.  Because Ebay doesn't want sellers to do that, they will charge you FVF's anyway if you cancel the bids & end the item.  Buyers should only make offers if the Best Offer is available on a fixed price listing.

If you choose to do this anyway, you will need to relist it at the price they offered so they can buy it "legally" on Ebay.  You don't want to do a non-Ebay transaction, which could get you suspended.

I agree that most times when buyers do this, they are looking for a deal or they end up being a problem customer.  If you do this for them, they may complain about the shipping costs next.  Then they may ask you to send it to another address, which makes you lose your seller protection. 

If you don't have bids, you can relist it at their cost & have them buy it.  But I'm curious then, why they wouldn't just wait & get it cheaper.

=^^= Save a stray today.
tyeldom3
Community Member
Answered
in reply to kalaniopuu
Let the auction run its course. Your wallet will thank you!!
Most times when you receive an offer like that, the bidder knows it will go for more. That's why they try to end it early.