eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
divwido
Community Member
Accepted Solution
How can I change my unpaid items to a lesser time frame?

Or can I?   I saw the notce Ebay sent about setting the unpaid items to two days-so  can I make mine two days?   I've got more unpaid items then paid items these days.

Accepted Solutions: 3
missbhaven85
Community Member
Answered
in reply to divwido

This isn't really a direct answer to your question but have you seen in  one of the seller newsletters that coming soon the items will still be available for sale until  the item is actually paid for? I can't  wait for that because I too have had a ridiculous amount of unpaid items lately , it's getting really out of hand lately and they treat the buy it now as a reserve without having to ask because they know that all they have to do is click buy it now and the item is theirs for that price but they don't have to pay right away which hen gives the time to change their mind or find something else while we sit here with our item not listed for someone else who may actually pay to buy, so now we can add to our listings " item will still be available for sale until checkout is complete" which should stop the buy it now unpaid items for the most part....hopefully

centerhill73
Community Member
Answered
in reply to divwido

div

If your combined shipping options conflict with the time allowed for the UPI, they will keep you from being able to open the UPI any sooner than that. My UPI can only be opened after 8 days (due to my 7 day combined shipping preferences), but when I change the combined shipping to 3 days, the UPI option goes to 4.

Since 3 days is the shortest combined ship option available, I wonder if it is even possible to offer combined shipping AND have a 2 day UPI process?

craneclimber1
Community Member
Answered
in reply to divwido

you should be able to make that change in your buyer requirements section.

Other Answers: 4
pi_r_square
Community Member
Answered
in reply to divwido

Div -

When you open your UPI Assistant Preferences, do you see something like this?

(Note the 2-day selection)

Please return to your question soon, and click "Accept as Solution" for any helpful answers, from any responder. If you were asked for clarification, please add your comments very quickly -- otherwise the responders may be unable to give further help
2013-06-09_154138.jpg
divwido
Community Member
Answered
in reply to divwido

The shortest timeframe my unpaid item assistant shows to open a dispute is Sixteen days.  That's not helpful.

And even though Ebay said we could I cannot open an unpaid item dispute until  four full days and it's not giving me another option.

I'm going to try to find the announcement and see what is wrong here.

centerhill73
Community Member
Answered
in reply to divwido

Open your site preferences section and find the UPI assistant. All your listings that I checked have a 4 day payment window. I bet you also have the same thing listed in the UPI assistant. (I don't use the UPI assistant, but at least it will show you your settings).

This is what mine shows:

Information You are allowing buyers to make combined payments within 7 days. If you'd like cases to open sooner, please click here to lower your combined payments setting.

I allow 7 days for combined shipping, and it will not allow me to send a UPI quicker than that, so I have to change the setting if I want it sooner.
grandpatexhelp
Community Member
Answered
in reply to divwido

Yes, you can. You can open an unpaid item in as little as 48 hours now.

The buyer still has four days to respond.

Answer center posts are no longer in chronological order,making it difficult to answer a question in a step by step fashion. If the thread doesn't make sense, click on the Most Kudos link, above, and select Newest First. Be sure to check for hidden comments to see if the OP has returned with valuable information that may affect the final outcome.