eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member
How can I accept an offer for an item that is lower than the buy it now price for a fixed price auction?

I have a fixed price auction for an item and I had an e-mail from a buyer asking if I would accept a lower price. I am willilng but how do I do this?

Other Answers: 3
grandpatexhelp
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dianasgoods12

Actually, unless you had Or Best Offer on your listing, they aren't allowed to contact you and make the offer.

You can't even be sure they would follow through if the opportunity were presented.

On fixed price listings, all you could do would be end and relist at the agreed price.

Answer center posts are no longer in chronological order,making it difficult to answer a question in a step by step fashion. If the thread doesn't make sense, click on the Most Kudos link, above, and select Newest First. Be sure to check for hidden comments to see if the OP has returned with valuable information that may affect the final outcome.
buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered

This is not a good idea. No one who emails you with an offer (a violation of eBay policy unless you had Best Offer on the listing) has your best interest in mind....

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!
kraloe
Community Member
Answered

There's no such thing as a Fixed Price auction. But just go ahead and revise the listing to the price.

Why would you want to do this, though?