eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
k.urban21
Community Member
Does EBay have guidelines on how to measure a man's suit (coat especially)?

I measured a dinner jacket twice before I listed it.  In the description, I indicated that the chest measured 24" from underarm seam adder underarm seam when flat (total 48" around).   I also wrote that the label read 44R.  It's very typical for a jacket to measure 3-4 larger than the label so that you can move in it.  

I just received email from the buyer stating that the jacket does not faint and that my measurements are wrong.  He says 23", not 24".  This could be true if he's not measuring in the same place I did as the jacket tapers in towards the waist.  In any event, he wants a refund of cost/shipping that he paid and  for return shipping - because he feels I made the error.  This auction indicated no returns.

However, I'm wondering if there are some measuring standards that I should have used.  I'm not an expert in men's clothing, but was very specific about how I measured in the description.

Thank you for your advice

Other Answers: 3
k.urban21
Community Member
Answered
in reply to k.urban21

Does not FIT, sorry.

auntella
Community Member
Answered
in reply to k.urban21

If you put "how to measure clothing on Ebay?" in Ask.com you will get several answers on how to measure clothing. This looked like a good one.

http://reviews.ebay.com/HOW-TO-MEASURE-CLOTHING-LIKE-THE-PROFESSIONALS?ugid=10000000007484735

mrsmtn
Community Member
Answered
in reply to k.urban21

The jacket does not faint?  What?

Just Google how to measure men's jackets (or pants or whatever).  Never mind your "no returns."  It just doesn't work on eBay.