eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Buyer refuses to pay

Buyer used buy it now but when asked for payment, said he was not going to pay. I do not think i should have to wait till October for a refund on the final value fee. It would be nice if you could get a reply from ebay.

Item # 261293606111

bojangles281995 1 ) 

he should be banned from ebay

Other Answers: 4
simba6
Community Member
Answered
in reply to newwave

I don't think ebay will reply.  Just file a UPI.   Add the bidder to  your BBL too.  Set you BIN items to require payment right away.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to newwave

You do know that you can file NPB after 48 hours, right? 

Community Member
Answered
in reply to newwave

If your buyer keeps up with the non-paying, he will eventually be banned.  What we as sellers can do to stop them in their tracks is to file & close the UPIs when warranted, then set up our buyer requirements to block anyone with 2 or more strikes from buying or placing a bid.

You should have those blocks in place also, if you don't already.

To Set Buyer Requirements:
Go to your My eBay > Account tab > Site Preferences > Buyer requirements and block buyers who:

- Don't have a PayPal account
- Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 12 Month(s)
- Have 4 Policy Violation report(s) within 6 Month(s)
- Have a feedback score of -1 or lower

Just a general musing:

I've seen a few posts recently, with sellers thinking that they have to wait 30 or 32 days to file a UPI...is it something in the wording of the policy maybe? Not that we can do anything about it....just wondering where the misunderstandings lie.  Maybe it's the mention of October in the example below (this being September).

What to do when a buyer doesn't pay (unpaid item process)

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

Timing is important
There is a limited time when you can open and close a case and be credited for certain fees.

• If you don't receive payment, you can open an unpaid item case in the Resolution Center as early as 2 days or up until 32 days after the listing ended (or immediately if the buyer is no longer registered on eBay).

Note: This means you have to wait at least 2 full days before you can open a case, unless the buyer is no longer registered. For example, if the listing ended on October 5 at 11:15 am, you can't open the case until at least October 7 at 11:15 am.

“To be able to ask a question clearly is two-thirds of the way to getting it answered.” – John Ruskin
rosie0331
Community Member
Answered
[ Edited ]
in reply to newwave

After all this time and all these sales, you don't know to file the UPI after 48 hours in the Resolution Center.

If the other seller had done so (instead of leaving a false positive) this deadbeat buyer would be banned by most eBay sellers. Did you look at his/her only feedback?

1. File UPI in Resolution Center

2. Put buyer on your BBL

3. Set your Buyer Requirements as high as possible to help weed out these types of buyers.

4. Require Immediate Payment for BINs - check the box when you list.

The Site Map - bottom of this page - A to Z Index. Contains a solution/answer to just about every eBay issue.

Let eBay sort out whether or not to ban the buyer. Use the seller tools eBay has provided.

Photobucket

Woof! Woof!